PS3 Gundam

Titanio

Legend
Some new shots:

19pd.jpg

26al.jpg

38mn.jpg

There are a couple more, and larger, at Gamespot, including the trailer from the conference. Gotta say, it's looking good - and this is playable on the showfloor :) So hopefully we'll get impressions back soon..

Pretty impressive, although I would have liked to see some of the destruction we saw in earlier videos. The gundam models really put a sense of scale into how big they are with the smaller buildings around and such. Cool stuff.

The screens really dont do it justice, the HD trailer on gametrailers.com is worth the watch.

Laa-Yosh said:
I'm sorry but these mecha designs are just too ancient...
Maybe I don't understand the critique, but they pretty much look like gundams... I think you'd find a lot of pissy gundam fans if they significantly changed the models to make them less "ancient"

On another note:

I think they look pretty nice, considering the source material. It's not the type of game I'd likely be interested in, but it'd be nice to see a new video of the game (as these couple screens don't really show much).

Bobbler said:
Maybe I don't understand the critique, but they pretty much look like gundams... I think you'd find a lot of pissy gundam fans if they significantly changed the models to make them less "ancient"
Pretty much sumed up what I was thinking. Anyways, I'm waiting on seeing gameplay videos from the Sony booth.

No seriously whats up with the lack of PS3 game videos on the net? Seems like everybody wants to talk about it, but not show it to us.

mckmas8808 said:
No seriously whats up with the lack of PS3 game videos on the net? Seems like everybody wants to talk about it, but not show it to us.

Yea I'm having the same problem :cry:

here are some videos. Game is only 20% done. Really don't see what they saw in the videos

IGN

" Mobile Suit Gundam made its public debut today, right in the middle of Sony's PS3 booth. For those that remember the first demo, where Sony reps walked one of the machines down a deserted town, just know the real game looks even better. And not just a little better, either; the game looks downright fantastic. It's still early though. Currently, the game is only 20% complete with almost a year of development time left."

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748465/vids_1.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link. The game graphics looks pretty good imo, but gameplay does look a little clunky though. And for the 20% part...wow.

edit:
collision detection looks a little wacky. Id like to see more foliage/rocks/debree out there in the desert though.
again, for 20% the game looks pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad_Boy said:
Thanks for the link. The game graphics looks pretty good imo, but gameplay does look a little clunky though. And for the 20% part...wow.

edit:
collision detection looks a little wacky. Id like to see more foliage/rocks/debree out there in the desert though.

This isn't the same Bandai doing Mobile Ops for the 360 is it? If so they are really screwing MS.

Bad_Boy said:

edit:

It seems like graphics are one of the first things done in a game, most games barely change at all from their initial unveiling to their final launch.

Back