PS3 Download title prices

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
Having just read Lemmings for PS3 is only $5.99, which sounds very good to me, I'm wondering, is there a tiered pricing structure, or are games at any price? Has anyone tried Calling All Cars (is it out yet?) and others? Generally, any download games info to report?

The prices differ, if I recall correctly, calling all cars is 9,99$. Or was it more? I forgot. Anyway, seems like there are lots of great deals in PS3 store.

Lemmings is $2.99 actually, and the Go Sudoku starter pack is Free, with the additional packs (4 of them) $2.99 each.

The official price for Calling All Cars I don't think has been announced (due Q1 07).

While slightly going off topic, still slightly on:

Can anyone offer up prices and games on both PS3 and 360 (lets add the Wii for that matter if they have any content available), in a common monetary format??

I am curious to see some of the pricing between the consoles.

Lemmings is $2.99 actually, and the Go Sudoku starter pack is Free, with the additional packs (4 of them) $2.99 each.

The official price for Calling All Cars I don't think has been announced (due Q1 07).

Lemmings show up as $5.99. Does it only charge you $2.99. I was going to buy it at $3.

Speng.

AFAIK microsoft offers 3 prices for live arcade titles, 400, 800 and 1200 pts. Which I guess means $5, $10 and $15? Being up to the game creator to set the price...

Depends on the value you get out of the game I guess. Geometry wars is the best NZ$8 I've spent in a while :)

It's now December 12th and I havent seen the playstation cards anywhere, which were supposedly coming around launch time. :/

Anybody heard anything?

It was $2.99 until yesterday. Dont know if it was a nice discount to the first purchasers or if it was a mistake on the ps store.

I've seen them do limited time pricing for several items.

You know what that does?

It forces people to do an impulse buy. If you even slightly like it, or even thinking about buying it, you will buy it because it's on "sale". Future games that are discounted $8, and regularly $15 will get people buying it just to avoid paying the $15.

I wish it were on sale for a week, but 3 days...

Speng.

I thought it was Dec 18th.
Not sure, last I heard was Dec 19th.
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=70647
flOw, originally released a Flash-based web-game, is due to be sold via download through PlayStation 3's online store from December 19.
But maybe we can get it a day early. :)

Really? Because I bought it Friday night and it was $5.99.

:cry:

Lemmings has been really odd. First it was 5.99, then 2.99, then 5.99 again. As of right now, I just checked and it's $5.99. But IMO, I think thats still a great deal for what you get.

Lemmings has been really odd. First it was 5.99, then 2.99, then 5.99 again. As of right now, I just checked and it's $5.99. But IMO, I think thats still a great deal for what you get.

Indeed. And because you are on my friends list I get to try and beat your score/times....

Hahha

Weird, I haven't checked the price since actually purchasing it, and unlike Blast Factor, there was no verbiage stating that it was that price for a limited time...
$2.99 definitely makes it an impulse buy. I wasted no time in grabbing it.

I also got it on Friday.. my emailed receipt:
Date/Time Purchased 12/08/2006 @ 03:17 AM GMT

Item / Service Details Price (Dollars)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
UP9000-NPUA80012_00-LEMMINGS00000001-UG01 Lemmingsâ„¢ Downloadable Game (Full Game) $2.99

*shrug*

I think SuperStardust HD was, $7,99 US. (Which translated to Kronor (SWE) was a hefty bargain. :D )

EDIT: Oh, old thread.

Anyway, SuperStardust is THE PSN-game!

Couldn't find a better place to post this and it certainly doesn't deserve a new thread...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/07/31/blast-factor-advanced-research-coming-soon/

An update to Blast Factor. No mention of pricing although there will be a demo. I had a quick look at the video and, IMHO, it's not enough of a difference to purchase. Although TBH since SSHD hit Blast Factor hasn't had a look-in.

Yeah, we'll see what the demo does. The game has potential and looks really nice. Just needs a tad more balancing and variation. So far I've played it more than Super Stardust actually, its more difficult and you can play it very fast.

Back