ps2 - overhyped on this board?

And Captain (Misfit) told you exactly how Sony got major market share with the PS2.

There's a magical thing that can do wonders (if done right and at the right time) to the amount of a product you can get out on the market: HYPE

DeathKnight said:
And Captain (Misfit) told you exactly how Sony got major market share with the PS2.

There's a magical thing that can do wonders (if done right and at the right time) to the amount of a product you can get out on the market: HYPE

Just hype can't get a product move as much as it is, it has to have a value to get people buy it. And PS2 is so far so good (some very good) with the average TV displays.

It got the major market share because it is the console to get during that period of time, there is no free lunch in the real world.

Sony can get support from developers and that is Sony's strength, not hype.

actually, I have to say, two posts ago, I had two windows open and replied in the wrong topic, lol, it was meant for PS2 more Powerful than GC board.

as far as Sonys success, I think it has the games to make it a must own, I got it for Contra SS and DMC2 alone.

Onimusha2 ???

60fps by the dev. who once couldn't get better than code veronica gphx out of the ps2(1-2M polys?), as i said wait till a decent group of programmers makes a prerendered 30fps game... i mean many of them can clearly achieve an order of magnitude above what capcom made for ps2...

PS: since onimusha 3 is being done in 3d maybe capcom held back the char models so they wouldn't have to degrade them later... but who knows...

-tkf- said:
He, i would say the X-Box is overated.

Online gaming? PS2 had it first and they wont even launch X-Box Live in every country where they sell the machine.

Harddrive? All the warez people thank their gods they can play the pirat games directly from the HD

HDTV? Yeah, supported by about 0.1% outside the USA

3x times the performance? nah more like 3x times the size and weight.

X-Box is the choice for PC nerds not for gamers.

Meh, from the post of this, I can clearly see DC is most underrated of the four. (DC was the first with the online plan for gods sake)

KOF said:
Meh, from the post of this, I can clearly see DC is most underrated of the four. (DC was the first with the online plan for gods sake)

I don't beleive that just because a specific part introduces a new feature - that it automatically becomes meaningful if not widely adopted. For example, back in 1997, Bitboys 'released' a 3D accelerator that basically had on-board shaders - Revolutionary for the consumer space for it's time? Maybe. Meaningful in comparason to the Voodoo:Graphics and Riva128 of it's time? No.

Vince said:
KOF said:

I don't beleive that just because a specific part introduces a new feature - that it automatically becomes meaningful if not widely adopted. For example, back in 1997, Bitboys 'released' a 3D accelerator that basically had on-board shaders - Revolutionary for the consumer space for it's time? Maybe. Meaningful in comparason to the Voodoo:Graphics and Riva128 of it's time? No.

I can understand that...I just had a gut feeling the previous poster I quoted was talking a fanboyism.

Is PSX2 online scheme that widespread? Maybe I don't follow gaming scene much than before...

Back