PS Vita Remote Play mandatory for all PS4 games.

• Thread starter Deleted member 13524
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13524

Double Confirmed.
Only exception for games that require Eye-toy or toy-guitars/whatever:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-sony-mandates-vita-remote-play-for-ps4-games

Games will be downscaled from the original 1080p to the 540p (equivalent to 4x supersampling out of a frame that will probably have FXAA and MSAA on its own?).

To anyone with a Vita, this is great news. The only problem should be in mapping the triggers and the stick buttons, but I guess there will be overlay virtual buttons for that (or "underlay" through the back digitizer?).

Ideally, Sony could release an adapter for the Vita that includes the digital triggers. Something like the circlepad pro for the 3DS.

(FWIW, I know DieH@rd brought this up already but I think this deserves another thread because it's news for Vita and PS4)

Ideally?

Without an adapter two things will happen in my opinion :

- developer just make the minimal effort, knowing that the controls on the vita will be unusable any way
- developers decide to dumb down the control schemes on games to suit the vita

Neither is something Sony should be keen to encourage.

Ideally?

- developer just make the minimal effort, knowing that the controls on the vita will be unusable any way

I think that's a bit pessimistic..
Sony will probably have a default mapping mode developed in-house that the developer may choose to use, or just make custom mapping.

Save for the analog triggers and stick buttons, the Vita's controls are identical to the new controller, so why assume it'll be unusable?

The one interesting feature of the Wii U is now available on the PS4?

SOLD.

The combined price of a PS4+Vita should be quite a bit more than a Wii U.

Furthermore, it's great for those who already own a Vita, but I think that buying one for the sole purpose of playing PS4 games in the crapper might be a bit much.

Putting triggers on the touchpad is a joke.

I used to think exactly the same about touchpad-based "analog" controls... and in the past few days I've been enjoying Dead Space mobile in my smartphone, without letting the touchscreen controls get in the way of actually enjoying the game.

If the developers can make a "mediocre" replacement of a gamepad with only a touchscreen, then replacing only a pair of triggers with all rest being equal should do well enough.

Nonetheless, an adapter would rock.

The combined price of a PS4+Vita should be quite a bit more than a Wii U.
I can afford it.
Furthermore, it's great for those who already own a Vita, but I think that buying one for the sole purpose of playing PS4 games in the crapper might be a bit much.
Every day, my wife watches 1-2 hours of telenovelas.

I don't spend much time pooping. I'm not constipated like most Americans.

I wonder if Sony will offer a Vita+PS4 bundle?
It would be too expensive for the console crowd, I think?

The most interesting thing about this -at least to me- is that this is going to revitalise Vita sales. This means that it will get cheaper and cheaper in the long run.

Well... let me be the nth person to say...

Yusssss :)

We can definitely expect default control scheme made by Sony, and additional a way for users to choose their own scheme.

For example, this is already present in Vita's PSP emulator: http://www.gamedynamo.com/images/gal...ols-news-2.jpg

There is more than that, that's only one option.

The other options use the back touchpad or have you press L1 + another button to emulate R2 and L2. The touchpad option puts R2/3 and L2/3 on the back touchpad and that one works the best.

they should release an accessories like a controller shell with grips for vita that add L2 and R2, maybe rumble too.

Games will be downscaled from the original 1080p to the 540p (equivalent to 4x supersampling out of a frame that will probably have FXAA and MSAA on its own?).
:D All these PS4 games are going to look glorious on my white Vita. :D

I'm doubly glad, first that Sony is smart enough to decide these things BEFORE the launch of a platform. ;) It's a good sign, and second of course because I have a Vita and love the little thing.

Now the real question is, will there be full game installs to the hard drive.. whole library of PS4 games at Vita's command.

If no, then I think I might have to go all digital.

Ideally?

Developers are required to submit appropriate Vita controls to pass certification.

Developers are required to submit appropriate Vita controls to pass certification.

That doesn't mean the Vita controller mapping they provide will be any good. Just that they're required to submit a mapping.

Personally, I'm just glad its an OS level service. I'll deal with the controls on a game by game basis and hope they're re-mappable, just as they are now.

Sony used the touchpad itself for trigger emulation before so they can hardly refuse that now can they ... doesn't make it any more usable though.

Even if they do refuse it that just gets us back to developers dumbing down the control scheme so they can be ported to the vita.

Sony fucks up either way.

Back