Problems with Logitech MX610

Kaotik

Drunk Member
Legend
Supporter
Just got it, and installed newest drivers from Logitech.com

Now - the problem is - games (well, tried only WoW so far) don't recognize the forward/back buttons for example, so I had to set separate "keys" for them.
And in Maxthon (browser) forward/back don't seem to work either
crazy.gif

Never had similar problems with MS IntelliMouse Explorers

Any suggestions?

Yep, don't use the logitech drivers. I've had nothing but trouble when I use them, and they only really added 2 things:

1) Warning box when batteries get low. I guess the blinking red light on my mx700 wasn't enough warning. :)
2) Application button. When you push it, a windows pops up with what apps you have running, then you select the one you want. Does the MX610 even have this button?

Logitech has been getting better with their drivers, but I still find games where the side/middle buttons don't work. It used to be every game that had problems, but now it only seems to be a a few. I think they do have a way of mapping a mouse click to a key, then when you map that key in the game it works, but it's just easier to not use their drivers.

JBark said:
Yep, don't use the logitech drivers. I've had nothing but trouble when I use them, and they only really added 2 things:

1) Warning box when batteries get low. I guess the blinking red light on my mx700 wasn't enough warning. :)
2) Application button. When you push it, a windows pops up with what apps you have running, then you select the one you want. Does the MX610 even have this button?

Logitech has been getting better with their drivers, but I still find games where the side/middle buttons don't work. It used to be every game that had problems, but now it only seems to be a a few. I think they do have a way of mapping a mouse click to a key, then when you map that key in the game it works, but it's just easier to not use their drivers.

Ye, fixed WoW issues with by assigning the buttons to represent keys, but Maxthon problem won't be solved that easily :cry:

The problem is that Logitech persists in programming their own functions to duplicate the functions windows already provides. It's not neccessary to uninstall the drivers and lose the battery indicator to fix this. Instead, open the logitech mouse applet and select the forward, back and middle buttons and select "standard function/button" or similar for all of them. After that, browsing and assigning buttons in games should work properly.

Guden Oden said:
The problem is that Logitech persists in programming their own functions to duplicate the functions windows already provides. It's not neccessary to uninstall the drivers and lose the battery indicator to fix this. Instead, open the logitech mouse applet and select the forward, back and middle buttons and select "standard function/button" or similar for all of them. After that, browsing and assigning buttons in games should work properly.
Indeed, had to select "other" and then from the options it gave "generic button" :D
now it works

Back