Prince's superbowl show

Man, Prince as nostalgia act, really. Old stuff and covers of Credence and Jimi Hendrix! (Well, okay, technically Dylan, but that was clearly inspired by the Hendrix version of "All Along the Watchtower")

He's 5' 2"!

Yeah, but he had more supermodels then most men in history, so...

He is a great guitarist, which very few people know. A great musician who I deeply respect. He was even supposed to play hendrix in the movie (which got cancelled, though) in the early 90's.

Yeah, with all the religious weirdness and the high heels and such it's kinda easy to forget that this is a popstar who is actually a pretty damn good musician. And he's not just a guitarist either, but also an accomplished pianist, bass player, drummer, lots of things really. This kind of distorted feedback rock guitar stuff was a good show for the occassion, but his skill really starts to shine through on some of the quieter jazzy or funky pieces he plays at smaller venues.

ive always been a huge fan of prince, hes a brilliant improvisation guitarist who doesnt shove it down your throat
(visions of him with with his sperm shaped white guitar spurting milk over the audience, the sexiest instrument ever created, i still want one to this day )

The first time I saw Prince he was boo'd off stage...
LA Colosseum...1980...

The line-up was:
Prince
George Thorogood
J. Giles Band
The Rolling Stones

I'm thinking the high % of bikers didn't make for a good audience for the then-unknown Prince.

The first time I saw Prince he was boo'd off stage...
LA Colosseum...1980...

The line-up was:
Prince
George Thorogood
J. Giles Band
The Rolling Stones

I'm thinking the high % of bikers didn't make for a good audience for the then-unknown Prince.

:LOL:

That reminds me of going to one of those all day music festivals where the headliner was the Black Crowes.

Dishwalla was the band on during the middle of the day and I remember them playing a song and then addressing the audience: "We're dishwalla!...la...la...a" You could hear a pin drop. Then the bikers next to us started booing and yelling "Get off the fook'n stage! Bring on the Black Crowes!". My wife and I still laugh about that.

The classic famous story was Jimi Hendrix opening for The Monkees. . . how that didn't get spotted as a horrific idea right up front. . .

Back