Pop UPs...

They are not supposed to be in there since we are not supposed to be on a pop-up/under scheme. I'll have to shout at the advertisers...

mboeller said:
the Pop-up's are back :(

yes... :(
but they have a good site too... they made me consider switching from IE6 to Mozilla (with its built in Pop Up Blocker)

mat said:
mboeller said:
the Pop-up's are back :(

yes... :(
but they have a good site too... they made me consider switching from IE6 to Mozilla (with its built in Pop Up Blocker)

Because of the Pop-Up's I use the Opera 5.12 at home. The only drawback is that many sites uses javascript which does not work together with the Opera ( apparently optimised for IE5.X :( )

Any chance something could be done about these pop-ups? The current one is using 55% of my 1GHz processor's time...

I've sent a mail to of ad agency asking whats going on, but to no responce yet. It seems that the pop-up only occurs one so if you kill the fitst on that come up it shouldn't happen again during that session at B3D (I think).

DaveBaumann said:
It seems that the pop-up only occurs one so if you kill the fitst on that come up it shouldn't happen again during that session at B3D (I think).

not here... it comes back after every click (maybe because i block the Ad-Cookie)

yes... but i like Beyond3d and using webwasher cuts of (some of?) their income.
and webwasher block to many pop ups. (last time i used it it blocked some links i wanted to (tecchanel.de has the images as pop Ups which were also blocked))

I try mozilla now... looks quite good.. blocks anoying ads and nothing else

If you like IE6, use Crazy Browser--it has a built-in pop-up blocker, and it stops that annoying "bring window to front" effect sites like Gaming-Age.com have. It leaves all other ads intact. CrazyBrowser.com. I think NetCaptor does the same thing, but I tried CB first, and I'm happy with it.

Not again!!

Pop ups are back again & these ones are freezing my system for a split second every time I view a thread (& this a 2GHz system ffs!).

I would gladly pay a subscription to B3D if it would help rid the place of this problem.

I´m sorry to say it so drastically, but these new pop-ups are a pain in the a**. For every single window i opened i got a popup. (To make thinks worse, i disabled ActiveX which leads to an iexplorer popup saying that the security settings do not allow -%blubbblablubb%-. Therefore i have to close two windows every new click on a thread.

Perhaps a choice would be great : A subscriber-only B3D that does not have ads of any kind and the current one.

As it is, I have no real complaints about the pop-ups (perhaps I'm not as easily irritated... there are many things I do get irritated about but pop-up ads on websites is definitely not one of them). At least B3D isn't PCIGN.com !

As I just said in another thread we've not changed anything with our advertisers, so I don't know whats happening - all I can do is put a request in to their support; they may have some rougecode in there or something. The other issue is that it doesn't appear to be as bad for everyone - I'm not getting any at all at the moment (perhaps others are getting mine! ;)).

As for a subscriber service, yes, I had this same idea last night. However it could only be implemented when we have the new backend in.

I usually get one pop-under (its hides itself rather than show up) and I leave it there until I leave. If I close the window it usually comes back on the next page I visit. The trick is to keep that first one open. Some people might have browser issues (javascript or other disabled) resulting in the script failing to recognise that you already had a pop-up/under or the ad server has some bogus code.

K-

Back