Poor Rush

Natoma said:
epicstruggle said:
Btw, many people who use drugs begin using them not for recreational purposes but for the purpose of relieving pain, be it psychological or physical.

I didnt state what i meant properly. I meant cocaine,marij.,heroin,... including prescription drugs. Sorry for the confusion.

Marajuana is prescribed, Herion is not. Opiate derived drugs are prescribed, but Herion is a street drug and is chemically different than most other more "refined" opiates. There is a difference.

Also cocaine has been prescribed in the past, i am not sure if it still is. Back in the turn of the century it used to be called "snuff" and doctors prescribed it as a "pick me up". But fact is that "street" versions and "medicinal" versions exist of many different drugs but they are usually somewhat different in the end, at least in how they are "used". Take Ritalin for instance. It is Methalphenadate, which is very chemically simialar to Methamphetamine, which some people call "crank" or "speed" and can be made in your bathtub from easily obtained chemicals. Although I highly doubt the bathtub "crank" that steet-addicts, bikers and club-kids are snorting/shooting is as good a quality as the "crank" that doctors are prescribing to "overactive" children (ADD).

And for the record, I dont like Rush either. But conservative or liberal, he has a serious problem of drug additiction and is trying to do something about it (other than getting his maid to buy more dope for him). And for that he should be commended, as it is not an easy thing to do.

-stvn

Ahh. Stvn has just corrected me that heroine as we know it, i.e. the street form, has not been prescribed, but the pharma form has. Also, apparently morphine was called "heroine" by doctors, but it was really morphine, so that's probably why I thought heroine was used in medicinal purposes like Marijuana.

And for the record, I'm glad that he's getting help. But frankly after all the shit he's said and done over the years, I don't mind seeing him fall flat on his hypocritical face.

No pre-conceived characterization required. It's all there from the horses mouth.

Really? Odd...I don't see any quote where Limbaugh says throw away the key. (Your implication being, that drug users are not rehabilitable, or worthless?)

I see that Rush said they should be tried and convicted and sentenced. I don't see any of his comments going against that. Now, if Rush is tried, convicted, and sentences, and then he comes out and says "I don't deserve this", then you might have a point.

Natoma said:
And I LOVE this one. Because even through it all, and this one is for you epic, Limbaugh actually blamed the "left" for his problems! ....I suppose he should lose your respect now, because he was definitely blaming someone else for his problems. :rolleyes:

Please, please tell me you are being sarcastic and are not serious about that link to FreePressed.... :rolleyes:

Sounds like someone is trying to make excuses for Rush. Why am I not surprised. :rolleyes:

I can only imagine the rants and the ravings that Rush would be going on and on about if Clinton had been the one in this drug scandal. Typical.

Natoma said:
Sounds like someone is trying to make excuses for Rush. Why am I not surprised. :rolleyes:

Sounds like someone who touts himself as tolerant and compassionate, is making excuses being neither. :rolleyes:

You didn't answer my question, btw....are you really serious about that last quote which you seem particularly "proud" of? The one that came from FreePressed?

I am making excuses for no one. I repeat: I have NO PITY for Rush and his drug use. And again, nor is he seeking any...nor is is placing blame or portraying himself as some victim. Which is the point.

Joe DeFuria said:
Natoma said:

Sounds like someone who touts himself as tolerant and compassionate, is making excuses being neither. :rolleyes:

Being tolerant and compassionate doesn't mean that I can't find the immense irony of the situation quite humorous. I find it even funnier and more ironic when you get people like Bill Bennet spouting off about the evils and decrepitness of american society because of the lefties, and bam. Gambling. And preachers are the best. I still love Jimmy Baker's "Ahhhh Have Siiiiiiiiiiiinned" speech. Gingrich still gets me to this day. And I love the compassionate and loving christians like the good Reverend Phelps who while being compassionate and loving, is erecting a statue in Wyoming to commemorate Matthew Shepard's death from a severe beating, and on that statue it says "Matthew Shepard died and has gone to hell for not listening to god." Yea, I love it when conservatives fall flat on their faces. It shows them for the hypocritical bastards they generally are.

Joe DeFuria said:
You didn't answer my question, btw....are you really serious about that last quote which you seem particularly "proud" of? The one that came from FreePressed?

Not anymore proud of it than any other quote. I know freepressed is an "onion" type site. I also know that there is much truth in satire. ;)

Joe DeFuria said:
I am making excuses for no one. I repeat: I have NO PITY for Rush and his drug use. And again, nor is he seeking any...nor is is placing blame or portraying himselg as some victim. Which is the point.

As if that makes him some hero. He was lying through his teeth with his high and mighty conservative morals for the past decade. He confessed after he got caught and is being investigated by federal authorities. I find nothing to respect about that.

To each his own I suppose.

Natoma said:
Not anymore proud of it than any other quote. I know freepressed is an "onion" type site. I also know that there is much truth in satire. ;)

In other words, I was correct. You are Mischaracterizing rush as having blamed someone else for his situation. How predictable of you.

As if that makes him some hero.

No one ever said any such thing. But keep on arguing against that which was never said or implied. Him not victimizing himself does not make him a hero. It just makes him different than the vast majority of others who place blame on everything except themselves.

He was lying through his teeth with his high and mighty conservative morals for the past decade.

Um, when did he lie?

Joe DeFuria said:
Natoma said:

In other words, I was correct. You are Mischaracterizing rush as having blamed someone else for his situation. How predictable of you.

:rolleyes:

Joe DeFuria said:
As if that makes him some hero.

No one ever said any such thing. But keep on arguing against that which was never said or implied.

You said you respect him for "confessing". That alone is implication enough and simply typical.

Joe DeFuria said:
He was lying through his teeth with his high and mighty conservative morals for the past decade.

Um, when did he lie?

Railing against drug users and abusers on his radio show and saying they're the downfall of society while abusing drugs himself? He was holding himself up as some beacon of conservatism on his radio show all this time, as many other typical conservatives do on talk radio, while hiding his own demons.

Please.

Natoma said:
You said you respect him for "confessing". That alone is implication enough and simply typical.

Do you purposely mischaracterize, or do you just not read?

I do not respect him for confessing. I respect him for not blaming his situation on others. Do you not understand the difference.

Joe DeFuria said:
Railing against drug users and abusers on his radio show and saying they're the downfall of society while abusing drugs himself?

First of all, that's wouldn't be a lie.

Second of all, those quotes you pulled "railing against drug users" were from 1995, which predates (as far as we know) his drug use by a few years.

He was holding himself up as some beacon of conservatism on his radio show all this time, as many other typical conservatives do on talk radio, while hiding his own demons.

I don't believe I ever heard Rush claim that he doesn't have any demons.
And I'm a Christian, Natoma. I have a strong affiliation for Christian values...this doesn't mean I don't sin...nor do I claim that I don't sin.

Please. Someone who doesn't even see pirating music as "wrong", is critiqing other's moral perspective? :rolleyes:

Joe DeFuria said:
Natoma said:

Do you purposely mischaracterize, or do you just not read?

I so respect him for confessing. I respect him for not blaming his situation on others. Do you not understand the difference.

You just said you respect him for confessing and you respect him for not blaming his situation on others.

How have I misread or mischaracterized you eh? Unless of course you're not writing correctly. :rolleyes:

Joe DeFuria said:
Joe DeFuria said:
Railing against drug users and abusers on his radio show and saying they're the downfall of society while abusing drugs himself?

First of all, that's not a lie.

Second of all, those quotes you pulled "railing against drug users" were from 1995, whic predates (as far as we know) his drug use by a few years.

Holding himself up as some beacon of conservatism while hiding his own demons is lying. But of course you broke up the thought. Typical.

Joe DeFuria said:
He was holding himself up as some beacon of conservatism on his radio show all this time, as many other typical conservatives do on talk radio, while hiding his own demons.

I don't believe I ever heard Rush claim that he doesn't have any demons.
And I'm a Christian, Natoma. I have a strong affiliation for Christian values...this doesn't mean I don't sin...nor do I claim that I don't sin.

Please. Someone who doesn't even see pirating music as "wrong", is critiqing other's moral perspective. :rolleyes:

Please. Someone who has admitted to stealing and has compared human relationships with beastiality is critiquing other's moral perspective. :rolleyes:

Natoma said:
You just said you respect him for confessing and you respect him for not blaming his situation on others.

How have I misread or mischaracterized you eh? Unless of course you're not writing correctly. :rolleyes:

Give me a sec to proofread and correct my post. I do NOT repsect him for confessing. I respect him for not passing the blame on to anyone but himself.

NOWHERE in this thread have I said I repsected him for confessing.

Holding himself up as some beacon of conservatism while hiding his own demons is lying.

No, it's not.

If he claimed that he personally was without sin, and never did anything wrong, then that would be lying.

Please. Someone who has admitted to stealing...

Correct. And I'm someone who also admits it's wrong, and I also do not blame anyone but myself for it. Thanks for the confirmation.

...and has compared human relationships with beastiality is critiquing other's moral perspective. :rolleyes:

Lol...I'm not even going to bother bringing your homosexuality into this...other than to say that comparing any two things has exactly zero meaning unless you put it into some context.

Joe DeFuria said:
Natoma said:

Give me a sec to proofread and correct my post. I do NOT repsect him for confessing. I respect him for not passing the blame on to anyone but himself.

NOWHERE in this thread have I said I repsected him for confessing.

I can't help it if what you write is incorrect and I get my ideas about your stance from that. Corrected, so be it. Btw, I also fixed your quoting. ;)

Joe DeFuria said:
Holding himself up as some beacon of conservatism while hiding his own demons is lying.

No, it's not.

If he claimed that he personally was without sin, and never did anything wrong, then that would be lying.

If someone says that drug users and abusers are destroying society, and then encourages people to listen to them because they know what's right and have the conservative and right slant on America, that's misrepresenting themselves. Misrepresentation is the same thing as lying.

Joe DeFuria said:
Please. Someone who has admitted to stealing...

Correct. And I'm someone who also admits it's wrong, and I also do not blame anyone but myself for it. Thanks for the confirmation.

I don't blame anyone for downloading music. And I don't care if you admitted it was wrong. You did the worst thing. You knew it was wrong and you did it any way. That's worse than someone who doesn't know and does something.

I'm simply shocked and appalled that a :oops: christian :oops: could be guilty of such evilness.

Joe DeFuria said:
...and has compared human relationships with beastiality is critiquing other's moral perspective. :rolleyes:

Lol...I'm not even going to bother bringing your homosexuality into this...other than to say that comparing any two things has exactly zero meaning unless you put it into some context.

Ok, your child is a parasite and your wife is a hairless ape.

But don't take that personally. It has no meaning unless you put it into context. :rolleyes:

Stvn wrote:
Silent One, there is actually much "evidence" to support the idea of Marajuana as a pain releiver. Certainly it is in no way in the same class as Herion or other Opium derived "painkillers", but then it is not really used for that kind of pain. Marajuana is used to relieve muscle aches and soreness, as well as just plain "uncomfortable" mild pain.

Ah...not that kind of pain reliever. Sounds like what I said. After all natoma said "Heroine for instance is a powerful pain reliever, as are Opium, Morphine, and Marijuana" which you indeed agree we me that it is "in no way in the same class as Herion or other Opium derived "painkillers." Thought so ;)

'Now I know being "stoned" nothing compared to the "zombifacation of long term "painkiller" use". And I can understand how being a little high can make difficult situations a little more tolerable. And yes it's great for fighting nausea and helping one's appetite. And your right that "fact is Marijuana has been used for thousands of years by most every culture in the world both medicinally (physical and psychological) and spiritually." These things I know. But it is not a powerful pain reliever as natoma stated, which was my original point to get across.

And for the record, yes I too have smoked a joint, so I do "know". I know all too well, having smoked for many years till I finally quit, along with quitting alcohol and cigarettes (after 26 years!).

Natoma said:
And I LOVE this one. Because even through it all, and this one is for you epic, Limbaugh actually blamed the "left" for his problems! :oops:

The horror! He actually BLAMED someone else?? Oh god the sky is falling!!!

Link 4

Rush Limbaugh said:
"I'm a perfect example of what happens when the touchy-feely, do-it-if-it-feels-good liberals have their way," he warned the 20 million listeners of his nationally syndicated radio show. "There's no accountability anymore. People like me feel like they can get away with anything and they shouldn't have to answer to God or anyone else. And it's all the fault of the radical Left."
Natoma, I must say that everytime you link something that would somehow validate your point, you usually just show how biased you really are. Here is a fantastic quote from freepressed:
Limbaugh claimed that his drug abuse was the direct result of wasteful government programs like Social Security, Medicare and public education. He said Bill Clinton was to blame somehow, as well.

Yeah that site is the bastian(sp?) of journalistic integrety. ;) So as yet you havent proven that Rush blamed anyone but himself. Unlike clinton who did blame the vast right wing on national tv. :)

later,
epic

Well first I've never hidden my biases against right wing extremist conservatives like Rush, Phelps, Buchanan, et al. I say it again, I despise the conservative movement in this nation. But if it wasn't clear up until this point, I hope I've made it clear now. :)

Second, freepressed is a satirical site like the onion.

p.s.: Again, Bill didn't blame his problems on a vast right wing conspiracy. Never did. Hillary did, when she wasn't aware of the truth.

Natoma said:
p.s.: Again, Bill didn't blame his problems on a vast right wing conspiracy. Never did. Hillary did, when she wasn't aware of the truth.
Yeah, who do you think told her that. And who told her to do it on tv. :)

later,
epic

Sxotty said:
epicstruggle said:
He is a better man than most liberals.

This statement dissapoints me to a large extent epic.

Agreed. The great divide in the United States isn't between liberals and conservatives, it is between moderates and extremists. The hyperbole and rhetoric coming from both sides is enough to make me sick of the entire process.

And I hope that Rush gets the help that he needs. However, drug abuse is a subject that he has spoken about at great length, and he has not shown very much compassion towards those with substance abuse problems IMO.

Rush clearly knew he had a drug problem, and it is unfortunate that it took these allegations for him to admit to the problem. Now there are some reports that he may have ordered some of these prescriptions illegally and had them shipped to his home across state lines. This sounds like a felony, and I don't think any health issues can justify these activities.

The reason it dissapoints me is more than just the extremist thing, how well do you actually know Rush Epic? For all most of us know, he is a wonderful guy, or an absolute asshole. As such we haven't a clue to make statements like that.

Back