PlayStation 4: B3D User’s FAQ

Not sure where to post this, but I'm curious what everyone has their DS4 volume at? I changed it from the default and I don't remember where it was. I'm thinking of just turning it off to save on battery a bit. Curious what games use it, and for what. I know Playroom uses it for the robots when they're in the controller.

I hear among others Resogun and Killzone use it, Killzone for the in-game audio-logs that you find among others (if I'm not confusing that with another game) and Resogun to tell you what you're doing wrong, basically. :D

Not sure where to post this, but I'm curious what everyone has their DS4 volume at? I changed it from the default and I don't remember where it was. I'm thinking of just turning it off to save on battery a bit. Curious what games use it, and for what. I know Playroom uses it for the robots when they're in the controller.

How long does the DS4 batteries last?

I hear among others Resogun and Killzone use it, Killzone for the in-game audio-logs that you find among others (if I'm not confusing that with another game) and Resogun to tell you what you're doing wrong, basically. :D
Not sure I would hear the controller unless I max the volume (I play with my 5.1 setup fairly loud :D). I guess I'll keep it at a volume where I can hear it comfortably with my ear to the controller.

How long does the DS4 batteries last?
Reports say 7-10hrs. I haven't used mine that much yet so I can't comment.

Not sure I would hear the controller unless I max the volume (I play with my 5.1 setup fairly loud :D). I guess I'll keep it at a volume where I can hear it comfortably with my ear to the controller.

Reports say 7-10hrs. I haven't used mine that much yet so I can't comment.

Did they at least include a longer usb cable for recharging?

Did they at least include a longer usb cable for recharging?
It comes with a ~6ft cable (or maybe a bit less?), but it uses a standard micro USB cable, so you can get a 10-15ft cable for like $1-5 on ebay. The PS4 also charges in standby now whereas the PS3 didn't.

I just want a charging cradle like the PS3 official one (no USB plug hassle). Nyko has one, but it is not out. These 3rd party accessory providers really dropped the ball. This is hardware, the controller has been done for months, why the delay?

I just want a charging cradle like the PS3 official one (no USB plug hassle). Nyko has one, but it is not out. These 3rd party accessory providers really dropped the ball. This is hardware, the controller has been done for months, why the delay?

Same here. I'm waiting for this to hit US shores.

I'm quoting each individual QA entry in the hopes of making it more legible and easier to skim/browse. If that doesn't help or makes it worse, please let me know.

Great. I would have bought a new PS3 controller long ago if it wasn't for the PS4 releasing. The left stick has worn-out so much that there is a ring a few millimetres deep in the side of it. It would have worn-out more if the top wasn't now also hitting the controller. I hope PS4 controllers are more durable.

Under notifications > downloads, are those the actual files, or just notifications? You're given the option to delete them. I see the 1.51 update, BF4 patch and something else in there and I'm wondering if they're safe to delete if they've already been installed.

Yeah, I saw that, pretty crazy. And technically, they're still in a game (Playroom), or else the show would have been banned by twitch already. But this got the attention of a lot of press by now, and even Yoshida tweeted about it.

I'd be game though. ;)

Anyway, this probably isn't the right thread.

Yeah, I saw that, pretty crazy. And technically, they're still in a game (Playroom), or else the show would have been banned by twitch already. But this got the attention of a lot of press by now, and even Yoshida tweeted about it.

I'd be game though. ;)

Anyway, this probably isn't the right thread.

Maybe time to dig out your ol' B3D podcast and reload it as a show :D

Back