Planet Earth

Normally, you don't change your proxy settings for one of those. You just insert the URL in the inputbox on their site and press "go".

This didn't work, so I guessed that I should try the other way (browsing using an K proxy, but it didn't work either)..
Now if somebody who has downloaded the samples files and could upload them....

I guess that I must be the only person who watched the series and thought "meh" - yes it was all amazing camera work and stuff, but given the wealth of nature programmes on UK telly, it didn't introduce anything new to me.

I guess that I must be the only person who watched the series and thought "meh" - yes it was all amazing camera work and stuff, but given the wealth of nature programmes on UK telly, it didn't introduce anything new to me.
Well, no, I don't think the program was very interesting. Much of the stuff I already knew. I just thought it was a really beautiful presentation.

I agree that quite a bit of it was simply really pretty stuff versions of stuff that we have seen before. But their are a couple of things that are pretty unique.

The Snow Leopard making a kill is fairly unique, as is the pride of Lions taking down an Elephant.

CC

That episode has not aired yet correct? I saw footage in the "making of" segment after the first episode but last I recall it's not in any of the episodes so far, right?
The snow leopard episode has already aired (it was on the first night, either the second or third episode, I think). I'm not sure about the elephant episode. I don't think so.

The snow leopard episode has already aired (it was on the first night, either the second or third episode, I think). I'm not sure about the elephant episode. I don't think so.

Yep, saw the snow leopard one but was waiting on the lion one. I can never get enough for Lion's hunting! Ordered "relentless enemies" due to it :)

I just have to say I saw a bit of it in HD (42" plasma), and it looks stunning. I was lucky enough to see two very interesting bits in SD, but I may accept even the boring bits in HD. I can see why people are so psyched about this on HD discs.

That episode has not aired yet correct? I saw footage in the "making of" segment after the first episode but last I recall it's not in any of the episodes so far, right?

Ah, I am in the UK and the whole series aired some time ago. Which is one of the reasons I am frustrated that it gets it's HD-DVD release in the US first.

CC

It's just. Oh I've seen a couple of episodes and I don't know which would be more amazing if it was filmed or if it was cgi.

I mean how do they... oh well, just that... all of it is so amazing and I'm really not kidding I'm trying my best not to add obscenities as superlatives.

And my better half is really enjoying it too. It's not just technologically amazing, its fun and entertaining and educational too.

edit: Is there a making of?

Dunno. But they show a tiny "making of" at the end of each episode. I would imagine the DVD/HD-DVD release would have more.

Yes for the standard dvd release. And, for some reason, no for the HD release(s). o_O

Digital Bits said:
All three versions will contain the U.K. version of the series, which includes 90 minutes worth of footage not seen on Discovery. The standard DVD set will also include 10-minute, behind-the-scenes featurettes for each of the 11 episodes, as well as the 3-part, 150-minute Planet Earth: The Future documentary. It doesn't appear that these extras will be included on the HD releases.

Mendel - iirc 1 of the making of bits mentions using 'the latest HD cameras' (mentioned Superman Returns & Lucas?), if that's the kind of info you're looking for, well, there's not much in the featurettes :sleep:

Already ordered on BR. ;)

Unfortunately havent gotten to see any of it on the tube, but when Oprah mentioned it the girlfriend knocked down doors to put the order in.

FYI Planet Earth is coming to theaters on October 10th here in France (dunno about worldwide release dates though..)

W00T!!

Back