Pictures of the NGage 1.5 (or 2 ...or whatever)

Discussion in 'Console Technology' started by Farid, Apr 10, 2004.

1. cybamerc

Veteran

jvd:

> For 200$ with 6 games it was a good price .

6 games or 40% of the entire game library.

2. Farid

Farid Artist formely known as Vysez
    Veteran Subscriber

I think IMHO that statement close the argument around the inner quality of that piece of hardware.

That's not the point, we're talkin' about the Ngage as a failure attemp to achieve a "All-in-one" solution; The game capabilities are almost non-existent, the hardware is bad...the software is WORSE. The music part needs a MMC so it can not play anything out of the box. (Ign link

)
    MMC 64mo 35$

For the Cellphone (Third time it has been posted in this only topic http://www.sidetalkin.com)

[​IMG]

:p

More about the cellphone, the game can't be hot swapped (in Ngage 0.9 :) ) so you have to switch off the mobile...open the case ... remove the battery...put the MMC...then do the same process back...to finally switch on your Ngage...with the Pin code process...

This new design can be "interresting" at least if (as marconelly! stated before ) there was a game that i would actually like to play...

Personally, i don't understand how someone can "defend" the first Ngage.
    Except if someone like to be the devil advocate, and/or is tired to see so much Ngage bashing...

3. keegdsb

Newcomer

I read in a review (Shacknews maybe?) that not only did it look stupid while talking, it was just terrible to talk on even at full volume.

Also, I wouldn't want to answer a sidetalkin' N-Gage in a business meeting either. :p

4. zurich

zurich Kendoka
    Veteran

Just because a product is unique doesn't make it any good..

5. jvd

jvd
    Banned

well so far all i have heard is it looks stupid when talking into it .

Well hey its primary function is a video game system. It does that quite well. I don't use it as a phone but my buddy does and he says it sounds fine .

Yes the swapping of the games is a pain in the ass but its the only negative i can see with the systems. The games are slightly better than gba games and considering it cost me less than a gba and i can play tony hawk against my friend it was not a bad deal .

So far its the best system that is a phone , mp3 player and video game system on the market .

6. notAFanB

Veteran

I can't imagine that, since it's design doesn;t elude to it having a any primary function in particular.

I'd agree with an earlier observation, it's an multi-jack-of-all-trades product thus no particular (funational) focus.

7. Nexus

Newcomer

A-GPS

Search for "A-GPS", Assisted Global Positioning System. Combination of UMTS/GPRS cell location and GPS. Map-Data comes from phone provider via UMTS/GPRS. Usable in europe at least in england and austria.

phones:
    http://www.drei.at/SelectMenu.wa?seIDM=C8B1DC67-2338-42C5-BD13-FBB828AAA4D4

tech: http://www.areamobile.de/specials/special_agps_drei.php
    (with video)

8. PC-Engine

Banned

9. marconelly!

Veteran

OK, I guess that stuff is not available in Canada (yet). What I'm hoping from PSP's GPS is that it will allow for gaming relevant to that device and gamers' postion in the real world. Or at least, a nice 3D representation of major cities, and a street finder system.

I would say that title goes to a device 'O2', which is a Pocket PC and a phone at the same time. It has much bigger and better screen, and there's simply a better selection of good emulators for that device (SNES, Lucasarts Adventures...), which makes it better gaming device, IMO. Being a PDA, it offers tons more things as well, obviously. It's definitely more expensive than nGage, though.

10. amk

amk
    Newcomer

The Register (I know, I know... :)) is reporting that this is N-Gage 2, it will be powered by Power VR MBX, and may be announced imminently.

11. CMcK

Newcomer

It's just the new version of N-Gage. Have a look at this months Edge for an article on the revised system and an interview with a Nokia PR guy.