Pics and video of new 4 wheeled military stealth vehicle.

pocketmoon66 said:
Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
The idea is taken directly from "Dark Knight Returns", the Frank Miller comic that pretty much fired off the Batman movie franchise in the 80s along with a comics renaissance.

Along with The Watchmen of course. Mind you, Batman vs Superman from Dark Knight is a piece of comic history :)

I think Kingdom Come is still the best comic book i have ever read in my life, among the specials i guess. It's just perfect.

pocketmoon66 said:
Except it was built in th UK :)
But it's an american movie. That counts more, IMO.

And The Dark Knight Returns is one of the masterpieces of comics, too bad Miller's quality started to fall in the 2000s, the two "Give Me Liberty" sequels were quite bad, and the sequel to DKR was just terrible. :(

pocketmoon66 said:
Along with The Watchmen of course.
You have excellent taste in comics friend, "Who watches the watchmen?"

Mind you, Batman vs Superman from Dark Knight is a piece of comic history :)
I loved it when the victor was standing on the defeated and what he said, I got goose-pimples.

I just read The Dark Knight Returns, and I totally agree. I think it's even a bit better than Watchmen. I'm going to read the other ones mentioned here as well, and see if I can find all of them somewhere in a comics store, for archival purposes ;)

DiGuru said:
I just read The Dark Knight Returns, and I totally agree. I think it's even a bit better than Watchmen.
IMO, nothing beats watchmen. V for vendetta comes reeeally close though, everybody should read that one. It's bloody fantastic.

Guden Oden said:
DiGuru said:
I just read The Dark Knight Returns, and I totally agree. I think it's even a bit better than Watchmen.
IMO, nothing beats watchmen. V for vendetta comes reeeally close though, everybody should read that one. It's bloody fantastic.

Ahh, V for Vendetta (currently filming in London). I remember reading the original strips in the old "Warrior" comic.

Zaphod said:
digitalwanderer said:
pocketmoon66 said:
Along with The Watchmen of course.
You have excellent taste in comics friend, "Who watches the watchmen?"
BTW: Preproduction on the Paul Greengrass movie adaptation was halted after some management limbo at Paramount. Personally I was kind of hesitant about how the story could be translated into a movie today without butchering changes, so I for one woudn't be too sad if it doesn't happen. We'll see.

Looks like it's been canned, which is probably a good thing given the way the budget kept getting cut down. Mind you I never really saw the attraction of Watchmen. It seemed to be somewhat a product of its times, and although it was one of the first to do a deconstruction of the comic book hero in that way, I think others have done it better since. Too much talking and not enough Dr Manhatten IMO.

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
Ahh, V for Vendetta (currently filming in London). I remember reading the original strips in the old "Warrior" comic.

oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Ace :)

sytaylor said:
london-boy said:
Guden Oden said:
We NEED a decent Judge Dredd movie too... One without god damn sylvester stallone.

What we need is NO Stallone. Ever. In the Universe. The whole family starting from the witch.

Not even Rocky IV? Ivan Drago is a leg end.

No more movies starting with R with an actor whose initials are SS. EVVAH.

Back