Pics and video of new 4 wheeled military stealth vehicle.

Re: Pics and video of new 4 wheeled military stealth vehicle

PC-Engine said:
http://www.moviewallpapers.net/module.php?section=tumbler

... Doesn't look very stealthy to me...

Besides... HOW COULD THEY RUIN THE BATMOBILE LIKE THAT!! The Batmobile was the gayest thing ever and they turned it into a... thing...

The idea is taken directly from "Dark Knight Returns", the Frank Miller comic that pretty much fired off the Batman movie franchise in the 80s along with a comics renaissance.

miller-batmobile.gif

batmobile.jpg

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
The idea is taken directly from "Dark Knight Returns", the Frank Miller comic that pretty much fired off the Batman movie franchise in the 80s along with a comics renaissance.

miller-batmobile.gif

batmobile1.jpg

batmobile.jpg

batmobile2.jpg

Thats just wrong. It's like turning Will&Grace into the Transformers.

london-boy said:

You're only saying that because you prefer the camp Batman. Let's not turn this into another one of your usual "I'm the only gay in the village" thread derailments, eh? :oops:

Ned, are you gay?

london-boy said:

You're only saying that because you prefer the camp Batman. Let's not turn this into another one of your usual "I'm the only gay in the village" thread derailments, eh? :oops:

Looks pretty good, but a bit messy with all the exposed hydraulics. Don't really see the purpose of that, so I really hope there IS a purpose that will reveal itself in the movie.

The original batmobile was relatively plain-looking, pretty much just a 60s battleship-like american car with a flame shooting out the back of it (and no smartypants ghey remarks now, L-B! :LOL:). It wouldn't 'fit' in a modern batman movie.

I think it's ugly, and it looks and sounds fake. The first one was much better.

Yeah, that new batmobile just looks ridiculous, and it must have TERRIBLE areodyanmics. How are you suppose to get any kind of speed with that?! You've got to gently part the air around you, minimum resistance, not rip into it like a blunt and jaggad knife! Stupid car...

Uh, are these pics really of a military vehicle or the one from the movie, Batman Begins? Big difference obviously.

DudeMiester said:
How are you suppose to get any kind of speed with that?! You've got to gently part the air around you, minimum resistance, not rip into it like a blunt and jaggad knife! Stupid car...
Easy: you do as you always do in america: shoe-horn in an even bigger engine into the thing. Problem solved!

Bigger = better.

While the "stealth" part mostly seems to be done the Hollywood way, I guess it is meant to transform into a longer vehicle. The front wheels move to the sides, the nose comes forward, the roof gets lower, the rear wheels shifting in line, etc.

Probably doesn't make it much less ugly, though. :D

Miller's "Dark Knight Returns" is still my fave graphic novel, thanks for the flashback.

I don't think this one looks much like that one though, didn't it have massive treads?

digitalwanderer said:
Miller's "Dark Knight Returns" is still my fave graphic novel, thanks for the flashback.

"Elektra:Assassin" should be up there too, for the artwork and the (to my mind) more mature story and writing.

digitalwanderer said:
I don't think this one looks much like that one though, didn't it have massive treads?

Yeah, it was bigger and more tank-like, but you can see where they ripped the whole idea from. Much more brutal than the car with the fey bat-wings

Along with The Watchmen of course. Mind you, Batman vs Superman from Dark Knight is a piece of comic history :)

Back