Phenom stock to 3.2 Ghz with new SB750 ?!

Not bad... I don't think anyone will argue with another 5-10% clockrate.

Now the question is, how much do you have to pay to get it? And when do we see SB750 with a better NB so that we can get PCI-E 2.0?

Not bad... I don't think anyone will argue with another 5-10% clockrate.

Now the question is, how much do you have to pay to get it? And when do we see SB750 with a better NB so that we can get PCI-E 2.0?

790FX does support PCIe 2.0 doesn't it?

I dunno; that article made a point to mention that PCI-E 2.0 wasn't supported. It may not be a limitation of the actual chipset though, perhaps more of a design choice by Foxconn :?:

Anyone seen any 790FX/SB750 board reviews yet ie without the IGP? The Asus M3A79-T Deluxe looks like a possible contender for top dog, but all there is over the net is the press release put out a couple of weeks back.

Is it still under NDA before launch, even though all the 790GX details seem to have leaked all over?

So, any more news about the 790FX/SB750 boards? The Asus one seem to have been MIA for the last month (paper launch?) and has only just gone up as a product on the Asus website. No review anywhere I can spot, which does not inspire confidence.

That's it? One Foxconn board and one paper launched Asus board? I don't know whether to post here or in the Doom & Gloom thread, along with Deneb MIA.

Edit: The Foxconn is just available in the UK, but it is still at the "horrendously overpriced" stage - £211.49 which is a ridiculous $384 at today's depressed exchange rate.

That's it? One Foxconn board and one paper launched Asus board? I don't know whether to post here or in the Doom & Gloom thread, along with Deneb MIA.

Edit: The Foxconn is just available in the UK, but it is still at the "horrendously overpriced" stage - £211.49 which is a ridiculous $384 at today's depressed exchange rate.

How is the Asus paper launched, since the link I showed you shows that they stock? And what exactly are you expecting in terms of FX+SB750? That all motherboard makers relaunch their models with the new SB? What about existing stock?

There are a number of 790GX+SB750 boards available (Asus, Gigabyte, Foxconn, DFI, MSI).

How is the Asus paper launched, since the link I showed you shows that they stock?

You mean the link that says "Please Note: This Product is for Pre-Order Only." ?

All the press releases were (IIRC) at the end of July, there's been no reviews, and no stock anywhere - certainly not here in Euroland.

And what exactly are you expecting in terms of FX+SB750? That all motherboard makers relaunch their models with the new SB? What about existing stock?

What about existing stock? It's not the same product. Even though the SB750 is a drop-in replacement, all the motherboard makers are redesigning their boards with new features and new model numbers, old stock is irrelevant. It's not the same thing with the SB600, and if it was, I wouldn't want it as it's not the SB750.

As for what I'm expecting, I'm expecting the newly specced products with the new features available since it's been a month since it was announced as available.

There are a number of 790GX+SB750 boards available (Asus, Gigabyte, Foxconn, DFI, MSI).

GX is not FX. I'm waiting for chocolate ice-cream, you're offering me lemon cheesecake.

Anyone know how come the Foxconn board is going for £200, but the Asus is about £130?

The first review of the Asus M3A79AT says they couldn't get ACC to work at all, every time they tried to enable it, they got a lockup so bad the BIOS had to be cleared. This may explain why the Asus board is MIA for all reviews and most of the world, and has only just showed up at Egg.

Last edited by a moderator:
Early adopters on HardForums are confirming the total lockups (ie needs a BIOS reset) on the Asus motherboard when enabling ACC. Pretty poor showing by Asus on a supposedly flagship AMD board, or is the ACC just a broken gimmick on SB750?

Back