Pgr3 offical thread (post new shots here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChryZ said:
So, when do we get screenshots with amazingly detailed buildings, a wide-angle shot showing more than a 1/3 block and a bunch of cars?

i don't think we are going to get more than a few teasers till tgs or the xbox event that they do .

That is what all this is , teasers or things remaining from e3 (like the call of duty movies)

jvd said:
ChryZ said:
So, when do we get screenshots with amazingly detailed buildings, a wide-angle shot showing more than a 1/3 block and a bunch of cars?

i don't think we are going to get more than a few teasers till tgs or the xbox event that they do .

That is what all this is , teasers or things remaining from e3 (like the call of duty movies)
Exactly, these guys are much better at releasing media than Bungie was during their updates. All we got from them were silly cartoons.

This is really very impressive.

We proably will not need a next (next) gen for a long,long, long, long time.

I wonder if with this amount of art they alreday (or ever) had be able to updated the art to use the 512Mg of memory... I hope not ;) .

I wasn't even considering buying PGR3 until I saw those last 2 scenic shots.

Now I'm very interested in this game although I wish MS would give us just a morsel of Forza 2 news...just a whiff....

Looks better than the last screenshot, the bloom lightning provides a much nicer picture. The building itself isn´t impressive to me, though, for the reasons I already posted before.

scooby_dooby said:
I wasn't even considering buying PGR3 until I saw those last 2 scenic shots.

Now I'm very interested in this game although I wish MS would give us just a morsel of Forza 2 news...just a whiff....
well ... Forza is only around 2 months old right now.....

I don't expect to see Forza 2 until at least 2007 ....

that said, I am really looking forward to seeing how the second Forza stacks up against the next iteration of GT :D :D *I will have popcorn ready*

ralexand said:
rabidrabbit said:
Why's the pic in a 1112 x 960 resolution if it's supposed to be
This is how PGR3's artwork looks right now. On actual 360 hardware
That's not a resolution supported by xbox360.
They probably can afford photoshop. They've cropped most of the images they've had in their updates.
Cropped!!?? So those images are just a part of even higher resolution pics.
I guess they're rendered then at 1920 x 1080
That's a bit better than 1280 x 720 the xbox360 displays, isn't it?

This wouldn't be the first time devs are twisting the reality when it comes to a work in progress game, every other did it this gen, I don't think the situation is changed next gen.
Really, if you compare the earlier not so impressive PGR3 pics with these impressive building pics, the difference is such that it's hard to believe they are from the same game unless the graphics engine had suddenly been totally rewritten.
They are likely just that, pics of some building walls done with the game devkit to a higher spec than what will finally be seen ingame, with hiogher resolution textures and higher resolution models that are possible because there is nothing else on screen than the building (wall).

Here's pics from Dr Evil's earlier link of the Getaway devkit shots.
I'm afraid it's more or less the same thing with these PGR3 shots.
http://koti.mbnet.fi/jadelor/random/fuck you, sony.jpg

Or maybe the PGR3 shots that seem to be so much better detailed than what were shown earlier in the gameplay shots are in fact from some "photo shoot" mode, like the one that is in GT4, using much higher resolution textures and more polygons to render the more limited still view.

Or maybe I'm just overly pessimistic, maybe I just don't trust the prerelease pr devkit shots as being indicative of real gameplay graphics, maybe I've just seen too much this this gen :LOL:

Edit: It would be interesting to see Bizarre's PR for PGR2, but at least I can't see the pics that are in the article :?
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/pgr2/spot...AAAlUNcA&bcsi_scan_filename=spotlight.htm

here we go making a big deal again

Ms has already said they want to make the xbox 360 controller universal . So the person can be using the xbox controler on his pc on his art box and has his desktop res much higher than 720p

I don't see why your starting with a witch hunt rabbit

Big deal?
So it's totally ok to make and support a big deal witchhunt with several threads about Sony and some Killzone, but we should be hushhushdontsaydoubt when it comes to Microsoft and xbox360 games.
t :rolleyes:

rabidrabbit said:
Big deal?
So it's totally ok to make and support a big deal witchhunt with several threads about Sony and some Killzone, but we should be hushhushdontsaydoubt when it comes to Microsoft and xbox360 games.
T :rolleyes:

Here we go again .

Two diffrent issues . We have the creator of killzone saying its only a representation. We have the creators of this game saying these are ingame shots .

Two completely diffrent situations .

And you brought up the correct words to get the thread locked . Since with that this is quickly going to become a flame fest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back