[PC] Grand Theft Auto IV

haha I can't wait to tare this game a new one when my new rig arrives :D Damn GPU just gotpushed back to middle of Nov availability though!

Sorry to hear that.

Anyway I have to give props for all this game pulls techwise. It reallý is a lot. i noticed a moment ago while driving at night that shiny windows (atleast shiny windows on ground level) on buildings reflects the surroundings. That and all cars reflect surrounding (everything it seems except other cars XD). Maybe that 64bit exclusive feature "HQ mirrors (-forcehighqualitymirrors)". Ofcourse there is a lot more and the polygon count must be massive. When I take the heli up there are 100's of lightsources, 1000's of buildings, adornaments for the whole city with great detail definition. :oops:

EDIT: Hahaha!

The animations in this game is the best by far I've seen. Just get drunk and see the "tip-toe walk dance"! Homg! :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
About the weather mod, it looks great but it actually didn't work for me first!

Despite having the latest 1.0.4.0 patch installed it just didn't load. And I who thought filechecker for certain files was disabled with this patch.

But I fixed it with these small mods/tool.

*GTA IV ASI LOADER
*GTA IV EFC20 ERROR FIX PLUGIN
*GTA IV FILE CHECK FIX PLUGIN v1.0.4

And just drag and drop the 3 files into your GTAIV folder. Thats all and now it works and looks beauthiful with slick gradient sky color etc. I'll post screenshots later but right now I need to take my new low-rider for a spin. Also perfomance is same as before.

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=380830

Here are some screenshots. Sorry for bluriness/out of focus artifacts as it is damn hard to pan around with 360 pad with the rubber band stick effect. If I release the stick it resets it's position making panning and holding still something of a circus act.

[

If anyone interested then ehre are imporved "P" blur/post-proccess filter settings for GTAIV. It gives the benefits of the blur system like softer shadows and vegetation aswell as smoothed lines yet keeps blurring minimal and makes the textures really show how detailed they are!

Here is a screenshots with blur system off which means you loose motionblur and blur.

This is the games default blur which is horrible and makes it look like how an upscaled 1280x720 game looks like.

Now here again is a screenshot with blur system off.

And here is a screenshot with the new blur system values. as you see it add slight bluriness and enhances vegetation and shadows. Yet it aint even close as horrible as GTAIV R* default blur values. Also texture detail especially in high setting as all my screenshots can really show how good they are!

Values are in the file "visualSettings.dat" located at "...\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\common\data". The vaules are at end of data text...

Code:
# Misc Values				
misc.DOFBlurMultiplier.HD	0.2			
misc.DOFBlurMultiplier.SD	0					

misc.CrossPMultiplier.MidBlur	0.0		
misc.CrossPMultiplier.Farblur	0.0	

misc.HiDof.nearBlur	0.0		
misc.HiDof.midBlur	0.0		
misc.HiDof.farBlur	1.0		

misc.HiDof.nearBlur	0.0		
misc.HiDof.midBlur	0.0

misc.HiDof.farBlur	1.0

Now excuse me I am going to cruise in my BMW with some music and enjoy the textures!

EDIT: Ahh fck it. It seems if you use ENB series even disabled it works nicely with a perfomance decrease hwoever without ENB it is worthless. Seems ENB series of tricking the game to think you have higher res without activating ENB MSAA makes GTAIV up res for DOF and blur. To bad shaders cant be edited...

Here are some screenshots. Sorry for bluriness/out of focus artifacts as it is damn hard to pan around with 360 pad with the rubber band stick effect. If I release the stick it resets it's position making panning and holding still something of a circus act.

Wow ! Thats pretty :) ! Where can I get this mod ?

Btw, the second screenshot there also has MSAA... that'll help the A2C vegetation too...

Crap and I who thought ENB was disabled (well disabled by command) but it seems it still may affect visuals as in jaggies. I assumed it only forced a large framebuffer when disabled making the game scale up PP effects that when higher-res made it look much sharper (blur filter). However if I enable ENB jaggies are pretty much gone and it looks bullshot worthy while altering colors (3360x2100). Perhaps it's the game doing it some voodoo stuff?

To bad it aint playable as the framebuffer must be homongous with the very high settings as it violently exceeds my VRAM amount making it dip to ~5fps in many spots. Otherwise it keeps a quite surprising 20-30fps range and with ENB activated 15-20fps. Guess I'll aim for a 2GB VRAM graphic card in the future, it's time. There is simply no way I can play the game anymore with the default blur filter and PP res/jaggies. I wish I could unsee what I did! :LOL:

Lovely screens Nebula.

Do you mind explaining how you managed to make GTAIV look so amazing. I am running stock at the moment at 1680x1050 on a 4870X2 and it looks really nasty in comparison.

Thanks in advance.

I use the "environment mod" aswell as ENB series plugin. However ENB was not activated as in AA + color correction but it seems the game itself might be doing downscaling of some form. The thing is perfomance was better than when enabling ENB but jaggies still present but with ENB enabled it was bullshot quality.

I also use a plugin to allow modification of game files. I'll pack it all up and provide the links tomorrow. :)

Wonderful I will install the environment and ENBSeries mods and see how it goes.

If you need another guinea pig to test this stuff out then give me a shout!

good luck ive been a member of b3d for a while now and ive yet to come across an interesting mod :D
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Back