Passion of the christ remix

radeonic2 said:
Who am I try to seek revenge on?
What does the Holocaust have to do with anything?
How am I making fun of christians btw?
Why are these questions in a post that includes a quote from me?

Guden Oden said:
That assumes the man actually existed, or that his life actually ended in any way somewhat similar to the way it is described (in several slightly different ways) in the bible. That doesn't even take into account wether he was some kind of deity or not by the way. None of that might actually be true, rendering vince's point entirely moot.
Oh, I'm pretty sure he existed, that the heart of his teachings (compassion, in particular) was preserved in the Bible, and that he was executed. He was clearly also a very charismatic and influential person. But there are also some clear innacuracies in the biblical account.

Besides, if it's legal and OK by US standards to deny the holocaust, preach that jews are the offspring of the devil, that blacks are sub-human and any number of extremely offensive things,
Well, these things certainly aren't okay by US standards, and any of these points of view can impinge upon the law in some situations (say, when hiring).

While Jesus might have been a remarkable person, whatever made him into the Son of God? Starring the leading role in the top bestseller of all times? Hm. That might do it. Like Bill Gates, our recent God of computers and capitalism!

But don't take that too literal. It's just a made up story, after all. No matter how much the Church made it into what they want everyone to believe. It's their bottom line, after all! Marketing.

Some people believe in Jesus, others in Bill. If they're happy with it: more power to them! But don't forget it's just hero worshipping, and might not make any noticable difference on your own life.

Then again, wanting to be the Next One might. Good examples. Although Jesus is quite a bit outdated by now. I would recommend Bill as the better one.

;)

Guden Oden said:
That's just another of those things that would make a normal sensible person go 'hmmm...', seeing blatant hypocricy on such a level. :LOL: So vincey, remember to turn the other cheek and judge not, lest ye be judged and all that. ;)

I would say Christians have a moral duty to criticize other people, or one could say Christians don't care for other people. How do correct people, without judging them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Chalnoth said:
Why are these questions in a post that includes a quote from me?
because I was too lazy to quote edge ;)
DiGuru said:
While Jesus might have been a remarkable person, whatever made him into the Son of God? Starring the leading role in the top bestseller of all times? Hm. That might do it. Like Bill Gates, our recent God of computers and capitalism!

But don't take that too literal. It's just a made up story, after all. No matter how much the Church made it into what they want everyone to believe. It's their bottom line, after all! Marketing.

Some people believe in Jesus, others in Bill. If they're happy with it: more power to them! But don't forget it's just hero worshipping, and might not make any noticable difference on your own life.

Then again, wanting to be the Next One might. Good examples. Although Jesus is quite a bit outdated by now. I would recommend Bill as the better one.

;)

:LOL:

Back