Overclocking on an Intel Motherboard???

CMAN

Regular
I have an Intel motherboard (the one in my signature). I got it for a really good deal a while back, but there are no options in the bios to overclock. Does anyone know of a way to unlock that feature or a bios I could use to overclock the board. Or am I just out of luck like I assume I am.

And the reason that Intel doesn't include a lot of OCing options in their default bios IS....

....they don't like people OCing their CPUs, why the hell would they make it any easier for 'em? :devilish:

One can also download intel's control center thingy which allows some minor overclocking options (and even peripheral bus speed multiplier adjustments).

I can't find the Intel Overclock utility on the Intel site for my motherboard (if I remember correctly it doesn't work with my motherboard). The clockgen program also does not specifically list my motherboard. If I do not post for a couple days you guys know why... ;)

Stupid Intel BIOS update! o_O

When I updated my BIOS, the Intel utility set a password in the BIOS that wouldn't let me boot my computer at all. I had to search Intels website (luckily I have my trusty laptop) to find how to set jumpers to reset the password. :rolleyes:

The CPUID Clock generator sees my CPU at 429.55 MHz, and my FSB at 28.64 Mhz.... anyone else know of any other utilities?

Back