OT-ish: PSP load times

Damn that's unbelievable.... and very amusing to watch.
"Oh it was loading the loading screen!" :smile:

Why didn't you post it on the handheld forum?

"PSP loadtimes" or "Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 PSP version loadtimes"?

That game has horrible loadtimes, but its definitely the exception and not the rule.

Wow, horrible. Get that trash out of here. :) I would have imagined Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories load times worse than that.

That's just plain horrible. How ever at Sony that actually passed this game needs to be fired STAT! But I enjoyed watching the long movie. To be honest GTA:LCS takes more than half the time to load.

Having an off-day perhaps?

Nicked said:
"PSP loadtimes" or "Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 PSP version loadtimes"?

That game has horrible loadtimes, but its definitely the exception and not the rule.

You cought me. The sole purpose of this thread was to make the PSP look bad.

And I can't change the title, you probably need at least a million posts or something...

Liberty City Stories actually has favourable load times compared to the PS2 editions of GTA games. The PSP is not at fault here, this is just absolutely poor and or lazy programming by whoever ported this game to the PSP.

Nicked said:

Yep, this game proves again it mostly depends on the developers, not the hardware.
'Ridge racer' loading times (only PSP game I bought so far) are very acceptible and I hear 'tales of eternia' loading times are a hugh improvement compared to the old PSOne version.

Does anyone have any data transfer rate numbers or UMD PSP drive speed? I couldn't find any in my manual. :cry:

Lazy8s said:
PSP's slowness isn't the data transfer rate; it's the seek time.

Which is the norm for most optical drives. I'm betting the dev team didn't bother to organize the data better. One our PSP titles loads so fast that even reviewers are talking about it.

Ty said:
Which is the norm for most optical drives. I'm betting the dev team didn't bother to organize the data better. One our PSP titles loads so fast that even reviewers are talking about it.

Which game?

Ty said:

Yeah please tell what game is it?

Back