openGL & C# ... rendering text?

npx1

Newcomer
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum ... hopefully will be able to contribute as much as I ask for help!

I am working on a GUI w/ windows media player functionality, openGL and coding in C#. I'm using CSGL but it doesn't seem to support font rendering ...

I mean, it does have text suppor tbut it doesn't work right when I tried it with my texturing. When I turned off displaying other things, it did work. I also had some weird issues where i wouldn't even use my texture but it would get used anyways.

I think there might be a manual way to create texture mapped fonts.

I'd like to know if anyone can point me in the right direction or give me some pointers... the text I'm trying to display is the playlist, currently playing song, etc.

thanks!

Would this thread and the OGL framework mentioned there be of any use? Whilst I know C# I've never done any 3D stuff with it, so I'm totally guessing here :)

Use fonts as textures.
It's the quickest way to do it.
Load up a font library(true type fonts or whatever), split it up into tiles and load each sub image in the appropriate collection. Then bind them under openGL.

You're going to have to look at the fonts before doing this so you know how many sizes and stuff.

Back