Offset Mapping

Chris Egerter said:
Here are some shots of offset mapping used in our new engine. Much thanks to the original author for sharing this technique.

Chris, are you going to incorporate it into the benchmarking utility you mentioned a while ago?

MuFu

Can you blame them its such a good effect with only a small preformance hit the main down size is limited instruction counts can get hit adding in the extra code :/.

Could someone post a working .exe? I have glut already installed but I still can't run it without more stuff.

@MUFU

I hate DOF effects I think they look so terrible. So that made me go ugh at it , but other than that it was pretty nice.

Sxotty said:
@MUFU

I hate DOF effects I think they look so terrible. So that made me go ugh at it , but other than that it was pretty nice.

they can look good.. but this one, yeah, made me ugh as well. else it looks awesome. espencially on some picts you really thing that floor is damn thick :D

Chris Egerter said:
My links have broken, so here are a few new ones and a video too:

http://www.powerrender.com/prx/gallery.htm

waw it looks like real displacement mapping this time:

terrain2.jpg

;)

Sxotty said:
@MUFU

There are no DOF effects in the shot I was referring to (mip-level transitions aside). :?:

Back