Nvidias "Internal" PR reply about leaked Documents

Discussion in 'Graphics and Semiconductor Industry' started by ChrisRay, May 25, 2004.

1. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

He said he wouldn't apologize for the content of the slides, but he was sorry that they were "leaked" to the public.

His definition of "leaked" must be a special nVidia definition or something is about the best explanation I can come up with short of Derek Perez flat-out lying thru his teeth.

2. ChrisW

Newcomer

Re: Nvidias "Internal" PR reply about leaked Docum

Of course, the question I want to know is why is nVidia sending you internal PR documents? Unless, of course, you are a member of nVidia's PR team...

3. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Specious Misanthrope
    Legend

From here

4. ChrisRay

ChrisRay <span style="color: rgb(124, 197, 0)">R.I.P. 1983-
    Veteran

Thats not where I got the information.

5. AlphaWolf

Legend

Do I have to draw you a diagram?

Read the quote I posted from vr-zone.

Now go back and read what DW said, then read ChrisW's response to him.

edited in ChrisW for your

6. ChrisRay

ChrisRay <span style="color: rgb(124, 197, 0)">R.I.P. 1983-
    Veteran

I guess you do. It looked like you were responding to ChrisW. Correct me if I'm wrong. Your above quote appears to be responding to ChrisW's post quoting me.

Am I missing something here? I dont even see where DW is involved. Anyway. I see no precedent for the flame. If I did mis understand. It's an easy mis understanding to have. Because at this point. I'm not sure what you are even talking about. Since my post was directed at your quote ChrisW quoting me. Perhaps you can clarify.

Anyway, I apologise if I have misunderstood the nature of your post.

7. Joe DeFuria

Legend

ChrisRay:

Are you a member of nVidia's PR team, and if not, how did you get a hold of the slides?.

8. dizietsma

Banned

??

He never had any slides, he had the response from nvidia only.

I cannot even understand Alphawolf's post, I think I would like him to draw a picture as his wording is so unclear.

9. Dean

Newcomer

I was seriously considering a GT until I read those slides. The GT overall has a very solid performance to price ratio. I cannot however purchase a card knowing full well that in some way i'm contributing to the paycheck of whomever slapped those slides together.

Those slides I would expect from a company hanging on for dear life, trying to make one last stand before the ultimate crash as they feel like a cornered rat. Nvidia is in very good financial standing though, with amazing engineers and a fantastic new product. Something is going on behind the scene's at Nvidia and whatever it is, it's very wrong.

I enjoyed how Hardocp, included a link to the x800xt review right below the quote from Derek Perez. It almost felt like Kyle was extending a middle finger back towards Perez's brash response.

10. Bjorn

Veteran

It's not like you won't contribute to pretty much the same thing if you buy a ATI card. Better go for a Parhelia if you want to be really sure about not giving money to any PR guys :)

11. digitalwanderer

Legend

Hey! Back off poor Chris Ray!

All Chris did was to contact nVidia and get a comment from Derek on the leak, Chris didn't leak the slides nor do I believe he knows anything about that.

If'n you're all confused about how Chris accused me of putting words in his mouth, me and him cleared that up a while back. His letter from Derek is a lie, but no where in Derek's letter does it say they were used in a press conference....all Derek said to Chris was that the slides were developed for internal use only and not intended for public consumption.

The lie is that the slides were shown by nVidia to the press, that's why we're all talking about them.

Please back off Chris a bit, he just came to share some very pertinent information and it was very kind of him....I'd hate to discourage that sort of thing in the future!

Derek Perez is a lying shitbag, Chris Ray is an alright guy who is just giving us the news that lets us know about how much of a lying shitbag DP is.

12. Nite_Hawk

Veteran

If matrox actually released all the specs for opensource drivers under linux, there is a good chance I'd trade my 9700pro for a parahelia. I really wish 3dfx was back. :(

Nite_Hawk

13. Xmas

Xmas Porous
    Veteran Subscriber

14. Dave Baumann

Dave Baumann Gamerscore Wh...
    Moderator Legend

Read your PM!!

15. keegdsb

Newcomer

Yeah, because Matrox laid off their PR guys. :lol:

16. digitalwanderer

Legend

Well Derek Perez said they were, but I don't know how much weight I'd put in that.... [​IMG]

I didn't get it yet, but I will as soon as you reply.

17. Joe DeFuria

Legend

I'm just trying to bluntly ask what ChrisW / AlphaWolf seemed to be cryptic about. I'm not trying to slam anyone. ;)

18. digitalwanderer

Legend

I'm confused Joe, which parts of there posts are you finding cryptic? (I'm not trying to be troublesome, I honestly don't see them bits. :( )

EDITED BITS: I think I see it, I think we're confusing our Chris' here. ChrisW asked Chris Ray where he got his letter from Derek Perez from if not the press conference....Chris Ray already stated that he e-mailed DP and that was DP's response to him. (BTW-Hey Chris Ray, didn't his e-mail have that half-a-page scary lawyer talk saying they could sue you a new arsehole if you revealed the contents of the e-mail? The ones he sent me always did, not that I paid it any attention. ;) )

19. Atomahawk

Newcomer

I agree 110%, I have been in a few hundred sales meetings for my X company, besides pertinent information about our product lines, we rarely mentioned the competition, unless it was something they claimed that their product could do in a way that was different than ours. This information was never allowed outside our meetings and was returned to be kept on file. We never had to resort to mud slinging even when it would have been warranted. Every sales meeting was left with a positive attitude for our product line. Mind you our industry is a lot more mature years in existance wise and much higher world wide sales, we also have more than one competitor.

BTW I worked at manufacture level sales so we have distributors and retailers people to deal with, you would never ever hear one of our sales staff bad mouthing another line, it would be considered very un proffesional by distributors and retailers. I think it's because the graphic industry is not mature yet and they don't know how to get their message across to their people without being negative. They will learn in time.

20. AlphaWolf

Legend

My apologies it should have said ChrisW, not your.