Nvidias "Internal" PR reply about leaked Documents

Obviously (quoting DB's post above about being shown to the press)nVidia created these to create mis-information about R420.

I don't think this is really an accurate description of the slides.

The slides do bring up some valid points. The main thing that I object to is the way they were worded. Word choice is critical when it comes to effectively getting a point across.

For instance, it is true that the R4xx is largely a derivative/extension of the R3xx architecture; it is true that the X800XT was sent out to reviewers with varying core clock and memory speeds; it is true that in some D3D games, the performance hit on the X800 cards when using anisotropic filtering is unusually low, probably due to an optimization in the drivers; it is true that ATI has tried to steer people away, to a certain extent, from using SM 3.0; it is true that ATI would have liked to implement SM 3.0, but were unsure and not confident about yields with the larger die size.

There was some solid information that was used for the slides, but the information was not presented in a skillful manner. The NV PR personel should have presented the facts more clearly and concisely, and they should have let the reader come to his or her own conclusions regarding these findings.

digitalwanderer said:
reever said:
Funny how they use a dave quote but say this site is filled with idiots
Which site is filled with idiots? Who said what where? :|

This one, i think.

I think he might be refering to a post on the FM forums ( http://discuss.futuremark.com/forum...p;view=&sb=&o=&fpart=all&vc=1 )

nvidias chief software architect visited some tech college (or similar) and

I also asked him if he visited hardware forums. He said that he visits beyond3d because they are morons and don't know what they are talking about and it gives him a good laugh. I asked him about futuremark (refering to forums). He thought i was talking about the benchmarks. He said he really doesn't like 3dmark and the only thing it is good for is the artwork

nV's response assumes those of us aware of this leak are fools. Who will nV's salespeople talk to, the walls? :rolleyes: Obviously this info was meant for public dissemination, although probably mainly at the personal level.

Bambers said:

Nice. Curious though - this forum has spawned numerous ideas that have been adopted by IHV's and even some that look to have been patented. I guess these must have been moronic ideas!

DaveBaumann said:
Bambers said:

Nice. Curious though - this forum has spawned numerous ideas that have been adopted by IHV's and even some that look to have been patented. I guess these must have been moronic ideas!
Really? Where? What? Where? What? Sue! Sue!

I also asked him if he visited hardware forums. He said that he visits beyond3d because they are morons and don't know what they are talking about and it gives him a good laugh. I asked him about futuremark (refering to forums). He thought i was talking about the benchmarks. He said he really doesn't like 3dmark and the only thing it is good for is the artwork

Maybe, or maybe it's just that we're not mindless zombies willing to believe everything nvidia's PR throws at us like the general unknowing public. Or maybe he's simply the moron? Maybe the entire nvidia staff are so full of themselves that they honestly believe everything they spout off is true?

jimmyjames123 said:
Obviously (quoting DB's post above about being shown to the press)nVidia created these to create mis-information about R420.

1. I don't think this is really an accurate description of the slides.

2. The slides do bring up some valid points.

3. There was some solid information that was used for the slides, but the information was not presented in a skillful manner.

4. The NV PR personel should have presented the facts more clearly and concisely, and they should have let the reader come to his or her own conclusions regarding these findings.

1. Sorry, I could not disagree more.

2. The slides do nothing more than what an attorney would do with circumstancial evidence in a murder trial....IOW, twist the "facts" in a manner that deflects attention from the true facts and create doubt and confusion. That crap may play to the general public (nV's intention), but it does not play here or with me whatsoever.

3. The "solid information" was heavily slanted with innuendo and the "facts" were taken greatly out of context to suit nV's agenda (mis-leading whomever was exposed to the slides...internal only my @ss...)

4. If they had done this, they would have not only earned my respect, but also made themselves look MUCH BETTER than they did here. I can tell you that nothing disgusts me more than to see one company trash another for the sole purpose of mis-information. If nVidia did indeed show such slides to the press, then they have sunk about as low as they can go, IMHO. Very disappointing....

DaveBaumann said:

[patent lawyer mode/] Mmm. Drool. Prior art. [/plm] :LOL:

1. Sorry, I could not disagree more.

You just need to be able to separate the wheat from the chaffe, so to speak. If you ignore all the fluff in the slides (and I know, it is difficult to do this), there is some valid information to be gathered. However, the NV PR people who created these slides have a lot to learn about how to effectively mold an argument in their favor without alienating one group or the other.

DaveBaumann said:
Bambers said:

Hey, can I quote you on that Dave? :|

Re: Nvidias "Internal" PR reply about leaked Docum

ChrisRay said:

"This is a presentation developed by NVIDIA for its sales team. The
presentation was developed to help arm the team with information on the
competitive product offerings."

Feel Free to comment.

If this is how they train their sales team its no wonder that Nvidia's PR is so slimy and deceptive. :(

Re: Nvidias "Internal" PR reply about leaked Docum

Moose said:
ChrisRay said:

"This is a presentation developed by NVIDIA for its sales team. The
presentation was developed to help arm the team with information on the
competitive product offerings."

Feel Free to comment.

If this is how they train their sales team its no wonder that Nvidia's PR is so slimy and deceptive. :(

Yeah, except replace 'arm' with 'brainwash', then you got something.

I'm still sort of shocked that Mr.Perez could tell such a brazen lie straight-faced. :oops:

I know I shouldn't be by now, I know I should just expect the absolute worst out of nVidia PR; but this really did surprise me. :?

digitalwanderer said:
I'm still sort of shocked that Mr.Perez could tell such a brazen lie straight-faced. :oops:

I know I shouldn't be by now, I know I should just expect the absolute worst out of nVidia PR; but this really did surprise me. :?

Please, Dont put words in my mouth, I never said this information came from perez.

I'm still sort of shocked that digitalwanderer could put words in people's mouths straight-faced.

I know I shouldn't be by now, I know I should just expect the absolute worst out of teh dig; but this really did surprise me.

cmon, dig... :? I miss when you were more balanced... did you switch your news source or something? 8)

Re: ...

ragejg said:
I'm still sort of shocked that digitalwanderer could put words in people's mouths straight-faced.

I know I shouldn't be by now, I know I should just expect the absolute worst out of teh dig; but this really did surprise me.

cmon, dig... :? I miss when you were more balanced... did you switch your news source or something? 8)
Hanners said:
I see [H] got a response about the slides from Derek Perez:

Kyle's Update: I just got off the phone with NVIDIA PR front man Derek Perez. He did confirm that the slides linked above are NVIDIA's creation. The slide are just a few from a set of "20 or 30" that were developed by NVIDIA's USA Product Marketing team that were to be used only as a sales tool internally. Derek did say, "I am not going to apologize for them." He went on to explain how they need to outfit their sales teams as they see fit.
:p

Internal marketing slides are always just like that... esp. ATI's AND nv's...

..and btw, what's the big lie?

And how in the world is this even BIG?

I get such a kick out of the leaked slides that seem to surface every product refresh... :p Causes so much chaos... good comedic value tho... :)

ragejg said:
cmon, dig... :? I miss when you were more balanced
I've never, ever considered meself "balanced" in any sense of the word...I've always just called it as I've seen 'em Ragejg, I thought you knew that. 8)

ragejg said:

I think you should say that your sory to dig . That was uncalled for and as he showed unfounded .

Back