Nvidia the Borg

You can just smell the fear coming off Nvi...uh...Borg.

"Quick! Buy everyone and everything who knows anything about x86 architecture!"

This is hardly threatening.

So an acquisition is a sign of fear? Ever hear about something many companies strive for called "growth" ? :???:

So an acquisition is a sign of fear? Ever hear about something many companies strive for called "growth" ? :???:

I think they've grown quite enough allready. The fact that just as ATI and AMD complete their merger, Nvidia starts buying out people who are clued up on x86 is a sign they're a little worried and have plans of their own.

Nvidia are weak..therefore, they get scared easily ;)

I think they've grown quite enough allready. The fact that just as ATI and AMD complete their merger, Nvidia starts buying out people who are clued up on x86 is a sign they're a little worried and have plans of their own.

Nvidia are weak..therefore, they get scared easily ;)
Uh, I tend to think NV has plenty of x86 experience already given that they make (and have made) lines of x86 chipsets...

Geez...i'm just saying. Given the timing, them snapping up some people who in particular know a good deal about x86 architecture seems obvious that they're investigating any possibilities that ATIMD might be working on...or something.

They're scared :p

Scared? If you were to say that Nvidia making a decision which could strengthen their IP/tech into X86 line I'd agree with you. But scared? Come on.

Geez...i'm just saying. Given the timing, them snapping up some people who in particular know a good deal about x86 architecture seems obvious that they're investigating any possibilities that ATIMD might be working on...or something.

They're scared :p
Given the timing, obviously AMD and ATi are scared, right?
:rolleyes:

I'm scared too, should I buy some x86 IP too?

Seriously, I see nothing here but expansion. I highly doubt nV will be going after the CPU market anytime soon.

Uh, I tend to think NV has plenty of x86 experience already given that they make (and have made) lines of x86 chipsets...

Which in turn explains why they'd be interested in the first place ... But it's fun to read as much as possible into a news item, isn't it? I mean, it must be, as lots of people are doing it. ;)

Back