NVIDIA Tegra Architecture

I don't think you understand the comparison here. Dead Trigger 2 with Tegra 3 wouldn't even be playable with all the added effects shown on Dead Trigger 2 with Tegra 4. Whether it would be playable on other new and powerful SoC's with the added effects is not under debate here. And FWIW, I doubt that there is any ultra mobile SoC available now or in the very near future that will offer smoother framerates than Tegra 4 on Dead Trigger 2.
And that's why we have synthetic benchmarks to measure performance if that is what you want to do. I also doubt they tweak the game to T4 performance as the standard.

That stylus video made me dumber, was he showcasing it to kindergartners? "T4i, same as T4, but with integrated modem" ?! If you dismiss the fact that they're both different CPU architectures...

Wow, relax, I'm sure he meant that T4i has the same feature set as T4 (since it is very obvious that performance and power consumption is not the same). He was showing off a feature after all.

maybe not handled related, but it appears that another design win for T4 will be unleased next week at E3:
http://www.thingsmicro.com/2013/06/ouya-was-so-last-year-enter-project-m-o-j-o/

“Next week at E3, the electronic entertainment expo in Los Angeles, we will unveil the centerpiece of our GameSmart initiative called project M.O.J.O. Like everything else we do, M.O.J.O. is all about performance.

M.O.J.O. is a android micro console configured to extract the maximum horsepower from an android device to deliver the best gaming experience. It’s basically a supercharged smartphone, with no screen, that plugs into your flatscreen TV and is designed to interact seamlessly with our GameSmart controllers, mice, keyboards and headsets; In fact the entire ecosystem of gaming products. We also want M.O.J.O. to be a truly open platform. People are already comfortable buying games from Google Play, Amazon, TegraZone or any other retailer of their choice. They play those games on their phones and tablets already, and with M.O.J.O., they will be able to play them in the living-room at no additional cost. The same approach applies to movies, music and any other digital media. Our focus is on products providing the best hardware configured for performance, not forcing people to buy content from us.”
where OUYA failed, can MOJO succeed ?

Did OUYA fail? They haven't even started sales of OUYA....
well "fail" in the sens that the hardware is outdated at launch. I always thought that the timing was wrong. They could wait 3 months for the announcement and bring T4 even if they had to increase a bit the price to lets say $150.
However, in terms of sales, it may be good...

No, it says that Tegra 5 will launch in March of 2014 with first devices expected to show up in the second half of the year. I have no clue how trustworthy Heise.de is when it comes to tech rumors though.

Nothing like talking about the successor's launch schedule before the current gen is publicly available in anything :p Reminds me of how I felt when TI started talking up OMAP5 before OMAP4 shipped in anything (but after their original projections). Speaking of which, I wonder if OMAP5 will ever ship in anything real or if it'll be doomed to sit in modules no one uses :(

The news story claims March for Logan. It says something like "Then, in the second half of 2014, in March, the first Tegra 5 tablets will appear". There seems to be a typo in there.

My guess is the tablets will be announced in March with availability planned for Q2 2014 and not H2.

It actually says word for word that first devices will appear in the second half of 2014 for the first announced in March (this year) Tegra5/Logan. German has quite an awkward syntax at times, but it's all greek to me :LOL:

Helmore,

No idea about heise.de to be honest; someone just linked to it today at 3DC.

Exophase,

Jacinto6,7,8 and probably also 9 *runs for his life*

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20130611PD218.html

In addition, Chang revealed that TSMC started producing test chips using 20nm process technology in November 2011. The foundry is set to ramp up production of 20nm chips by early 2014, Chang said.

As for 16nm FinFET, TSMC has completed the tape-out of chips on the process, Chang disclosed. The node has attracted orders from Xilinx, which expects to sample its 16nm FinFET-based FPGA chips later in 2013 followed by volume production in 2014.

Hopefully that 16nm FinFET process will be usable for Parker.

What are the chances that some of the products further out in the road map ever makes it to market if they don't get more design wins?

Seem like a lot of business is going to Qualcomm ...

What are the chances that some of the products further out in the road map ever makes it to market if they don't get more design wins?

Small or zero IMHO; the market is continuing to explode and with other players like ST or TI retreating there's still space for business. It just takes the right strategy.

Seem like a lot of business is going to Qualcomm ...

...and it'll continue to grow for them. However Qcom has to battle chinese SoC manufacturers since that low cost market is going to explode even more rapidly in the future. It's one of those spots where NV's T4i as a mainstream smartphone design could be worth gold for them, but still as I said above under the right strategy.

For example chinese manufacturers sell their SoCs at ridiculously low prices.

Qualcomm is well ahead in terms of smartphone design wins largely due to their strength in baseband modem processors and due to their focus in the ultra mobile smartphone space. That trend will start to change when companies such as NVIDIA and Intel bring their own software-defined integrated baseband modem to market in devices that are geared towards the same space. And there is much more to the Tegra business than just smartphones. Tegra has done reasonably well in the tablet space and in the automotive space. IIRC, NVIDIA has stated that their Tegra revenues related to the automotive space will reach $1 billion USD per year at some point, and there are already $2+ billion USD of design wins in the pipeline for Tegra automotive over the next few years. Ultimately the trend is that you will start to see Tegra inside more and more devices in the future.

No, it says that Tegra 5 will launch in March of 2014 with first devices expected to show up in the second half of the year. I have no clue how trustworthy Heise.de is when it comes to tech rumors though.

Rumors are rumors, nothing set in stone obviously. But in general Heise is a first class publisher with a number of highly regarded magazines and reporters.

Can you back that up with facts and dates, ams? Sounds a little like pulling some random numbers out of thin air.

absolutely not, ams is right. From NVIDIA's CEO Hosts Annual Investor Day Conference (Transcript):

Jen-Hsun Huang - Co-Founder, President and Chief Executive Officer

Automotive; we are already designed into seven different car companies and 34 models of cars, and they are in the process of either going to production or finishing. We have about $2 billion worth of design wins. It takes seven years from the moment that you engage that market to the moment that you are shipping the first one, we now have $2 billion worth of design wins un-shipped. We were based on our projections, looks like we are going to peak with the current design wins in FY16 at about $450 million a year. Auto alone for Tegra is a real business.
source: http://seekingalpha.com/article/133...e-transcript?source=email_rt_article_readmore
(maybe need to subscribe)

Back