Nvidia reports falling profit margins - stock gets hammered.

RussSchultz said:
Himself said:
NVIDIA seems rather Enron-esque to me.
Do you mean they're both companies that engaged in illegal activity like setting up shadow companies to transfer money back and forth to and claim as income, hence padding their bottom line to investors?

Or do you mean they're both companies you dislike?

Well, of course you know that prior to Enron's collapse and subsequent exposure, that most investors would have found the notion of "shadow companies" and so forth within Enron to be quite a funny joke...? Would have seemed absurd prior to the collapse. Unbelievable, even, to most Enron investors.

I think what he's talking about is a disdain for veracity. Interesting, though, that Enron's wasn't discovered until after it collapsed; nVidia's still very much in business but its lack of veracity is very much apparent and has been for some months now. If Enron teaches anything it's the lesson that when large companies come under financial pressure the power of money to corrupt should never be underestimated.

But I'd agree with you that so far the general veracity issue is the only one I see as common between the two companies, and that otherwise there is no comparison whatever to be made at the present time.

hey should consider themselves lucky . There stock price is STILL 119 times earnings. That's a bubble ready to burst ratio. :? A company needs to have 30% increases in earnings annually for at least 10 years to justify that price

Back