Nvidia Pascal Announcement

Still a 6-pin? Not good.

The rumors claim there's a GTX 1050 Ti and another non-Ti.
The non-Ti is a cut-down chip with lower clocks and 2GB VRAM, with a price and specs closer to the RX460 ($120). The 1050 Ti is expected to cost $150 and bring 4GB0. There's also the RX460 with 4GB for $140 but I don't think many people are buying that card because 4GB seem to be a waste for its performance.

That said, it's possible that only the non-Ti is pin-less and corresponds to the GTX 950 in performance, whereas the Ti performs as well as a GTX 960 and uses just north of 75W.

AMD will have to release the full 16CU Polaris 11 to compete.

Perhaps it's too early to release a RX465. Maybe they'll want to make sure all stock of Tonga cards get sold for peanuts before cranking up the newer chip?

Last edited by a moderator:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Launches on 18th October, GeForce GTX 1050 Launches on 26th October - GTX 1050 SE Rumored Too
If you were thinking that GP107 GPU would only be featured on two cards, there's a good possibility that you would be wrong. It turns out that Chinese leakers are expecting a third GP107 variant known as either the GTX 1050 SE or GTX 1040 to hit the market relatively soon. There's no tentative release date but the card is said to feature 512 CUDA cores, a 128-bit memory interface with 2 GB memory and a price of $99 US. This card will have very low power requirements and the price range could be even lower considering the cut down iteration of the core.
http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-launch-leak/

NVIDIA Pascal Refresh “GeForce 20” Series Speculation – GeForce GTX 2080 Ti, GTX 2080 and Titan Black V2
Before moving onward, I want to make it clear that most of this information is speculation. Neither of this information is confirmed and just provides representation of what the upcoming line of Pascal cards may look like. So without further a do, let’s look at the speculated cards as reported by 3DCenter.
The first two cards mentioned by the source are GP102 based variants. NVIDIA is expected to launch their full GP102 in the consumer market at some point and that is believed to be a Titan variant. NVIDIA’s Maxwell saw the release of the full GM 200 die on the Titan X and with Pascal, that could be a repeat. The card would be a new revision of the GTX Titan Black, V2 as I would like to call it. It would feature 3840 CUDA Cores clocked at around 1600 MHz, up to 24 GB of GDDR5X memory clocked at 12 GB/s along a 384-bit bus interface. That’s a total of 576 GB/s bandwidth without the use of HBM. Aside from these, it would have pricing of $1200 US, same as current Titan but with 15% additional performance.
The second card in the GP102 stack would be the GTX 2080 Ti or GTX 1080 Ti as we currently know it. This card is expected to feature 3384 CUDA cores clocked at around 1700 MHz and 12 GB of GDDR5X memory clocking in at 2500 MHz (10 GB/s). This would achieve the same theoretical bandwidth as current Titan X (Pascal). The card is expected to be priced at $799 US.
The GeForce GTX 2080 is said to replace the GTX 1080 with the same core config but faster clocks. We talked about TSMC improving their 16nm process which will guarantee faster clock speeds and better stability on Pascal cores. The GTX 2080 can feature clock speeds up to 2000 MHz for core and 12 GHz for GDDR5X memory. Pricing is said to be around $499 US due to ease of manufacturing and better yields of GP104 while performance would be boosted by 15%.
The GeForce GTX 2070 is said to get a core revision over the GTX 1070. We have seen NVIDIA offering better core configs on their mobility version of the GTX 1070 core that has 2048 cores. The GTX 2070 could go the same route along with faster clocks of 1700 MHz and GDDR5X memory clocked at 10 GHz. This card would deliver a 20% performance boost over GTX 1070 while being priced at $349 US.
The GTX 2070, if it launches with these specs can be a big win. We can see a large number of GTX 1060 owners or Maxwell users quickly hop over to Pascal if the price and specifications of this product are aligned with what’s being speculated right now.
The GP106 refresh will come in the form of GTX 2060 Ti and GTX 2060. These cards will replace the GTX 1060 6 GB and GTX 1060 3 GB models. If these cards are indeed planned for launch, we will see them in 2H of 2017. Specifications for both cards are same as the current ones but expect much higher clock speeds. Both variants will support 6 GB of GDDR5 memory and clock rates north of 1900 MHz. Performance increase would be minimal but pricing would come down by 10 percent.
http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-20-pascal-refresh-gpu-speculation/

NVIDIA Pascal Refresh “GeForce 20” Series Speculation – GeForce GTX 2080 Ti, GTX 2080 and Titan Black V2

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-20-pascal-refresh-gpu-speculation/

Seems reasonable to me. I think we all expected a "Titan Black"-like product. But holy cow, I hope they don't use the titan black name again. Party of me thinks they should just call it "Titan". We get one per calendar year, so it would be fine to informally have the "2017 Titan" and so on.

How likely is it that we'll see a Titan card with HBM2 released between February and April ?

My money is on the 2017 Titan being a fully enabled gp102, which would continue to use gddr5x (probably clamshelled to 24gb).

Nvidia isn't being pressured enough to force them to release any consumer hbm2-based parts.

Why do these people always run 3DMark...

For the same reason smartphone leakers always run Antutu..
It's just one uncomplicated big number that the uninformed people will be able to compare to other uncomplicated big numbers from other graphics cards.

Nvidia GTX 1050ti appears in MSI's Gaming App changelog.
18b633aa5954572dcb2501c2ac0437e6bdd56b2f4f54a2ffed12278e73c03d77.jpg

If the rumored spec of 32 ROPs is correct, we're looking at an even larger gap in fillrate between GP107 and P11 than the one between GP106 and P10.
16 ROPs @ 1.2GHz in Polaris 11 vs. 32 ROPs @ 1.4GHz in GP107.

Moreover, Polaris 11 has 50% or less the number of execution units in Polaris 10, whereas GP107 seems to be about 2/3rds of a GP106.

That said, the GTX 1050 Ti is probably on a higher performance segment than the RX 460, and maybe even the non-Ti may end up faster (and more expensive).

If the rumored spec of 32 ROPs is correct, we're looking at an even larger gap in fillrate between GP107 and P11 than the one between GP106 and P10.
16 ROPs @ 1.2GHz in Polaris 11 vs. 32 ROPs @ 1.4GHz in GP107.

Moreover, Polaris 11 has 50% or less the number of execution units in Polaris 10, whereas GP107 seems to be about 2/3rds of a GP106.

That said, the GTX 1050 Ti is probably on a higher performance segment than the RX 460, and maybe even the non-Ti may end up faster (and more expensive).

And the frightening thing is that Polaris 11 and gp107 probably have roughly comparable power consumption despite the likely performance disparity. I trust amd to price at a competitive price/perf ratio, but it's almost sad (in a way) to see Nvidia relentlessly operating on all cylinders.

Also, has anyone else been pleasantly surprised that this janky roadmap from January has roughly been current so far (except for the forgivable miss on gp100 coming to consumers and the lack of gp102-based titan)?

map_2042x841.png

Also, has anyone else been pleasantly surprised that this janky roadmap from January has roughly been current so far (except for the forgivable miss on gp100 coming to consumers and the lack of gp102-based titan)?

map_2042x841.png

It's been 50/50 so far with regards to Pascal. Got GP104 and 106 roughly correct (1080 was in 05 but at the end so close enough to 06) so far and missed on GP100 and GP 102. That's about as good as flipping a coin. Even if they get GP 107 correct that's going to end up being 60/40. Not much better than a coin flip.

Regards,
SB

To me, that looks all over the place. Titan GP100 never existed, GP102 Titan is absent, GTX 1070 doesn't use GDDR5X, GP106 doesn't have a 256bit bus, GP107 didn't come out in September (and may not even come out in October?).
Looks a lot more like educated guesses than actual insider info.

The regular 1050 should be in line with the RX460 which is about what I expected, though of course it only has 2GB like the lower priced 460s. Maybe some regular 1050 cards will ship with 4GB? The 1050Ti is in a different perf/price class from the 460. Though the 4GB RX460s are priced near the 1050Ti MSRP, I expect the 1050 series to go for >MSRP as well just like all the 16/14nm cards. The GP107 chip is right tiny so NV should make much profits on these cards, especially the Ti.

All said, this isn't a bad time to buy a used R390 or 290 :) if you can live with the heat. These cards should age very well like Tahiti still is. My 7950 still eats most games up. I wouldn't buy a Maxwell card at this point though.

$220 (!) - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-XFX-Ra...983024?hash=item33c137aaf0:g:XycAAOSwmLlYBSP1

Last edited:
http://videocardz.com/63832/nvidia-announces-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-and-geforce-gtx-1050

KCbxFg.jpg

q3QA3E.jpg

xIQtGV.jpg
yGvyNn.jpg

hq4I8z.jpg
OtwsO5.jpg

- There seems to be no reference cooler/PCB for either GPU.

- GTX 1050 Ti seems to be 6pin-less, at least in some models

- Unlike the stupid crap that AMD let OEMs do to most RX 460 models (ridiculous coolers with huge plastic frames + dual-fans and enormous empty PCBs to jack up the prices), most of the GP107 cards are using mini-ITX form factors.

All said, this isn't a bad time to buy a used R390 or 290 :) if you can live with the heat. These cards should age very well like Tahiti still is. My 7950 still eats most games up. I wouldn't buy a Maxwell card at this point though.

$220 (!) - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-XFX-Ra...983024?hash=item33c137aaf0:g:XycAAOSwmLlYBSP1

I was planning on investing a bit on changing my dual 290X to a couple of 480X in order to lower power and heat consumption. However, I figured out that my PC is able to keep the office and adjacent rooms rather warm when playing games for long-ish periods, so I'll stick to those. Who knows maybe I'll even be saving on the electricity bill when compared to dedicated 1kW heaters or even the A/C.
Maybe I'll even mine for Ethereum 24/7 during winter, and have all the mining pay for the heating lol.

http://videocardz.com/63832/nvidia-announces-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-and-geforce-gtx-1050

KCbxFg.jpg

q3QA3E.jpg

xIQtGV.jpg
yGvyNn.jpg

hq4I8z.jpg
OtwsO5.jpg

- There seems to be no reference cooler/PCB for either GPU.

- GTX 1050 Ti seems to be 6pin-less, at least in some models

- Unlike the stupid crap that AMD let OEMs do to most RX 460 models (ridiculous coolers with huge plastic frames + dual-fans and enormous empty PCBs to jack up the prices), most of the GP107 cards are using mini-ITX form factors.

I was planning on investing a bit on changing my dual 290X to a couple of 480X in order to lower power and heat consumption. However, I figured out that my PC is able to keep the office and adjacent rooms rather warm when playing games for long-ish periods, so I'll stick to those. Who knows maybe I'll even be saving on the electricity bill when compared to dedicated 1kW heaters or even the A/C.
Maybe I'll even mine for Ethereum 24/7 during winter, and have all the mining pay for the heating lol.

When your PC doubles as a space heater you can say you're making 100% efficient use of the energy (well, minus the noise - but even that's useful if it drowns out your tinnitus)

When your PC doubles as a space heater you can say you're making 100% efficient use of the energy (well, minus the noise - but even that's useful if it drowns out your tinnitus)
It's okay, I use headphones to play games in my office, because I can't have my surround system properly placed in there for space issues, and the office is right next to the baby's room anyway.

This way I'll just wait for Vega next year when winter goes away (or a Pascal solution if it's more cost-effective and supports adaptive/freesync).

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10768/nvidia-announces-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-gtx-1050

- Made on 14nm, probably Samsung (so it should be the most equivalent to Polaris' GF).

- Which could explain the significantly lower max. boost clocks of 1.4GHz than the other Pascal GPUs.

- 3.3 Billion transistors, 135mm^2 (P11 is 3B, 123mm^2)

- According to nvidia, GTX 1050 Ti does +50% performance than GTX 750 Ti, which puts it within GTX 950 (and RX 460) territory.

According to performance estimates, it looks like the GTX 1050 Ti will trade blows with the RX 460, with the typical "above in DX11, below in DX12/Vulkan" results we've seen as of late.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back