NVIDIA GF100 & Friends speculation

It looks, talks and moves like binned, renamed GF100s. And I stubbornely refused this exact possibility earlier in this thread. -Stupid :oops:

Damned I can't access the review I get a blank page.

Is the review off lne now? Is it possible to download it like it was at AMD HD68xx launch?

The reviews should hit officially in 6 hours from now (or 5h 42min)

Quite fail on TPUs part benching HD5970 with CF-problems infested 10.7's, and not even a single mention of using application profiles either

The reviews should hit officially in 6 hours from now (or 5h 42min)

Quite fail on TPUs part benching HD5970 with CF-problems infested 10.7's, and not even a single mention of using application profiles either

I guess they just used old benchmark results. I doubt they retest all the cards. Most reviews are done like that.

But HD5970 is old news anyways. I expect EOL as soon as Cayman arrives.

I guess they just used old benchmark results. I doubt they retest all the cards. Most reviews are done like that.

But HD5970 is old news anyways. I expect EOL as soon as Cayman arrives.

True, but the main competitor in terms of performance currently should be tested on current drivers too, if not the other cards

Chip wise 580 is to 480 what 4890 was to 4870.
4890 had NO functional changes - so even all the same bugs.
This one seems to have functional changes (which would make this a "true" refresh) - at least it doesn't scale quite the same in all apps, so I guess the full speed FP16 filtering rumors could be true. We should see soon enough...

4890 had NO functional changes - so even all the same bugs.
This one seems to have functional changes (which would make this a "true" refresh) - at least it doesn't scale quite the same in all apps, so I guess the full speed FP16 filtering rumors could be true. We should see soon enough...
I agree GTX580 is a refresh, but its also true the more correct code name should have been GF100b ;)

4e3fd901c593c0cd.jpg

465a4f19bc2a20f3.jpg

6fd4548f5f826f95.jpg

85edbb0bfd52bae0.jpg

56963a6ddc32a8cc.jpg

2ded6811e9853530.jpg

Well, it definitely doesn't look like there should be a shortage of supplies/suppliers.

lol Kyle praises GTX 580 :
The GeForce GTX 580 is a huge success for NVIDIA. We are greatly impressed with this new Fermi GF110 GPU. The fact that NVIDIA was able to provide 20-30% more performance, with slightly less power utilization, and a quiet running video card compared to the GTX 480, demands kudos. We talk about efficiency often, and AMD has some of the most efficient GPUs on the planet. The GeForce GTX 580 from NVIDIA is also an efficient GPU. There is a tremendous amount of efficient performance in the GTX 580, and NVIDIA is able to keep that performance inside an acceptable power and noise envelope.

The pricing level is welcome as well. NVIDIA could have charged an arm and a leg for the GTX 580; we wouldn’t have been surprised if this were a $600 video card given NVIDIA's track record. This is not the case and NVIDIA knew it had to compete. AMD is fighting hard, and price drops on video cards lately have made things very competitive. At $499, the GTX 580 competes strongly with ATI Radeon HD 5870 Eyefinity6 2GB video cards. We considered adding the Radeon HD 5970 into our review, but at the time it was fetching a $660 cost. As of yesterday, we are now finding one HD 5970 for $499.99 so surely we are already seeing the GTX 580 have an impact on the high end video card market. And of course this change in price demands a new comparison review from us.

We feel NVIDIA deserves big praise for the GTX 580! It has impressed us with its incredible gameplay and exceeded all of our expectations in terms of cooling and sound. It provides a better gameplay experience than the GeForce GTX 480, uses less power, and runs cooler. All of this adds up to the fact that we feel the GeForce GTX 580 earns our Gold [H] Editor's Choice award.

Apparently, after looking at the reviews a gpu clocked at 772/1544/4008 is faster than one at 700/1401/3696. Perhaps a review is needed to see what the performance of the 580 vs 480 when they are clocked the same, no?

Back