Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 Reviews

The 4080 is selling 4090s and clearing the 30x0s inventory. There's no problem.
No problem for NVIDIA. Not sure if they are intentionally driving people to the 4090, but they absolutely are intentionally pricing the 4000 series to clear 3000 series inventory.

As long as it sells there is no need to drop the price.

The fact is, there is apparently a large number of customers who value their PC gaming experience pretty high. This means these ppl casually spend $1k on a current gen high-end GPU and that's it. They are not bothered with perf/$, historical price trends, manufacturing cost, etc.

That's the problem with the 4080, it isn't selling well. It's basically the first xx80 series card that NV has made that hasn't sold out at any point during it's launch window. It hasn't come even close to selling out anywhere in the world. There were a few retailers who didn't get a lot of stock that sold out of it very briefly, but most never did.

The majority of people interested in a card that is over 1k USD are going to try to get a 4090. Most people that would be interested in the performance characteristics of the 4080 aren't willing to spend more than 1k USD on a card.

Retailers aren't happy with the 4080 and AIBs aren't happy with the 4080 because consumers are unhappy with the 4080 and aren't buying many 4080s.

Regards,
SB

Yeah, that's exactly what they said they planned to do in investor calls prior to 4090 release.
Do you know which call it was? I remember reading the transcript but I can’t find it, probably because I’m not sure what to look for.

I believe Best Buy had some drops over the past few days. You’ll have to sign up for one of those discord notifications and jump on it the moment something shows up.

Unfortunately scalpers have become a real force in the US in virtually every market where demand exceeds supply. GPUs, bikes, cars, houses. I was ranting about this to my doctor and he challenged my view and said that scalping was in fact the perfect example of “American ingenuity and entrepreneurship“.

I believe Best Buy had some drops over the past few days. You’ll have to sign up for one of those discord notifications and jump on it the moment something shows up.

Unfortunately scalpers have become a real force in the US in virtually every market where demand exceeds supply. GPUs, bikes, cars, houses. I was ranting about this to my doctor and he challenged my view and said that scalping was in fact the perfect example of “American ingenuity and entrepreneurship“.
I’ll wait for the other user to potentially supply a link, but going by your post you can’t reliably buy a 4090 for said price. You should ask your doctor to specify where the ingenuity in it is. I’d be curious to hear his explanation.

I’m in the great white north. You can get them at MSRP at Canada Computers. The Windforce is $2199 CAD when in stock which is $1620 USD. They restock every week or so but they go out of stock almost as soon as they appear.

If you’re near the border, you can use a service like Kinek to have it shipped near the border and pick it up there.

Otherwise, can’t help you.

Back