NVIDIA discussion [2024]

• Thread starter Deleted member 2197
  • Start date
Board Channel rumor (KitGuru report linked below) that RTX 50 will launch on a relatively tight schedule - if true it seems likely aimed at sucking the any air left for RDNA 4 out of the market.
Nvidia has been launching their lineups in 3 to a max of 6 months timeframes for literally years now. I fail to see how this is something new with Blackwell - and as such why it would be related to RDNA4 in any way.

Nvidia has been launching their lineups in 3 to a max of 6 months timeframes for literally years now. I fail to see how this is something new with Blackwell - and as such why it would be related to RDNA4 in any way.
They haven’t released everything in a 3 month period since Pascale I believe - and this is 2 months. The RDNA4 comment is admittedly speculation on my part - might not be a major consideration though surely they’ve considered it.

Last edited:
They haven’t released anything in a 3 month period since Pascale - and this is 2 months.
Jan-Mar is 3 months.
Turing was Sep-Dec - 4 months.
Ampere was Sep-Feb - 6 months.
Lovelace was Oct-Jun so technically 9 months but it was also the least interesting as a perf/price upgrade for anything below 4070Ti which launched in Jan which would also be 3 months.

Lovelace was Oct-Jun so technically 9 months but it was also the least interesting as a perf/price upgrade for anything below 4070Ti which launched in Jan which would also be 3 months
I’m not sure I buy that bit of sophistry haha.

In any case even by your own estimate it’s a shorter time frame by a month. Look I never claimed this was a radical departure, just that it’s more accelerated than usual. Also, if you reread my initial post, you’ll see I said that one can also see this as a typical schedule just with the high end cards delayed. Either could be valid based on what we know right now.

(Also, if I’m in January, March is two months away, not three. If you go from early Jan to late March then it’s more like three, but these won’t release until at least the second half of January unless NVIDIA is sending reviewers their cards the day after the announcement.)

Last edited:
I’m not sure I buy that bit of sophistry haha.
4060 didn't bring anything new to the market, you could argue that it was even somewhat of a downgrade (due to VRAM size) in comparison to a similar priced 3060. So in this case its launch was rather irrelevant as well as when it had happened. Same is true for 4060Ti and 4070 although the latter can be viewed as a minor upgrade depending on what you compare it to.

Look I never claimed this was a radical departure, just that it’s more accelerated than usual.
This may be more a result of them launching the first SKUs later than originally planned than accelerating the launch of lower end cards. My point is that this in itself isn't a sign of anything about the competition.

4060 didn't bring anything new to the market, you could argue that it was even somewhat of a downgrade (due to VRAM size) in comparison to a similar priced 3060. So in this case its launch was rather irrelevant as well as when it had happened. Same is true for 4060Ti and 4070 although the latter can be viewed as a minor upgrade depending on what you compare it to.
That doesn’t negate that they’re new cards! I don’t disagree with your characterization of their value but saying they don’t count as releases is a stretch. It’s not like they’re minor refreshes of the old cards (new node, new functionality, etc).

Back