nvidia "D8E" High End solution, what can we expect in 2008?

I think for now that we'll see hi-end in the form of GX2 on two G92s but only as a stop-gap measure before G100 coming out in the 2nd half of 2008.
I think that they've had 'proper' G90 for release this autumn/winter but they've cancelled it once they've found out that AMD has cancelled their 'R650' (or whatever it was called) and bring the G100 part a bit closer instead.
But that's just my speculation.

If G100 is NVs D3D11-GPU, like I heard, I would not expect him in 2008(maybe Nov/Dec).
DX11 is very very far off right now so i'm 99% sure that what's gonna come out as G100 will be DX10.x not DX11.
Although their codenames is a wreck right now and i won't be surprised to find out that G90 is what D9E will be using while G92 is for D8P/E.
And it certainly does look more and more like Intel's ticks-tocks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe, but according to some other rumours D8E is dual-GPU card like GF7950GX2.

Ithin they would do better if they will skip D8E and go straight to D9P/D9E series :D

The codenames go with GPUs, not cards. 7950 GX2 was powerd by G71s.

Again people, please don't confuse chips and board codenames. D8E can no more be "a board with two G92s" then G80 could have been "a board with two G72s".

You're likely looking at 2H09 for DX11, IIRC. I'd expect more refreshes based on G80 until then, including a full 45nm line-up and maybe even some 40nm derivatives. And then you'd likely see their next-gen DX11 architecture on 45 or 40nm.

oooooo 9th gen has 512 bit bus!!!! why does that make go ooooo? i blame ATI.

can someone explain nvidia would not do this:

why would they not take two G92 cores which both feature all 8 blocks enabled (128sp, 64 TFU and TAU each), 512bit bus, 2.4ghz gddr4, 1gb, and put them both on a single PCB?

oooooo 9th gen has 512 bit bus!!!! why does that make go ooooo? i blame ATI.

can someone explain nvidia would not do this:

why would they not take two G92 cores which both feature all 8 blocks enabled (128sp, 64 TFU and TAU each), 512bit bus, 2.4ghz gddr4, 1gb, and put them both on a single PCB?

Because after Guitar Hero 3 came out, Saudi Royal family is not as much into PC games as they used to be.

Back