NPD July 2009

Actually, I saw that this was a joystiq rumor, and it's supposed to come out August 28th for real. I'm guessing TheSource did jump the gun.

Yeah, the box has this on it:
gam_xboxelitebundle2.jpg

There's talk that it might be a limited offer. Plus no one knows if it's leaving Canada (if it's not limited, though, I imagine it would).

There's talk that it might be a limited offer. Plus no one knows if it's leaving Canada (if it's not limited, though, I imagine it would).

I can't imagine their being a special retail bundle just for Canada. I've never seen anything here that wasn't available in the USA.

I can't imagine their being a special retail bundle just for Canada. I've never seen anything here that wasn't available in the USA.

Does Canada fall into the same MS umbrella as the US, the way every American country is theoretically part of SCEA?

Does Canada fall into the same MS umbrella as the US, the way every American country is theoretically part of SCEA?

No idea. I just don't think I've ever seen anything on the shelf here that wasn't advertised in the USA. And we always seem to get price cuts at the same time. I do remember them adjusting price in Canada once because of the value of the dollar against USD.

So that bundle will be in addition to the $300 elite that is coming?

Can't see that being the case. My personal guess is the $300 elite models will be shifted out of the channel, then replaced with the bundle (in volume by the time the holiday seasons start ramping up?).

$329CDN is basically $300USD after all. It's the same pricepoint.

Yeah, the link said "limited" when it was up for TheSource. It's just a very odd thing to do -- why make it truly limited, why now?

It's probably "limited" in that it'll be a different combo in the near year, after the holidays.

If they start offering this broadly then I guess it will be a sign that they are offering wireless on the Elite consoles after a revision? However if this isn't general then they won't be.

Back