Not being able to get RGB from 1080ti?

Nesh

Double Agent
Legend
Ok thats a weird thing.

I was experimenting with my display resolution and different modes of my monitor.

Then when I reverted back to my previous settings I noticed some weird subtle rainbow effect on small details on my screen which can be annoying especially around fonts.

Going to my monitor settings it automatically goes to YPbPr instead of RGB. When I manually choose RGB from my monitor the colors are all displayed incorrectly.

Disabling the card temporarily the monitor automatically goes to RGB and colors look correct.

For some strange reason my card now does not send RGB information. Only YPbPr.

Anyone knows what the problem is and how I can get it back to RGB?

Last edited:
Nuke the display driver and reinstall?

Update your monitor .inf?

*shrug* PC weirdnesses can be so weird!

Nuke the display driver and reinstall?

Update your monitor .inf?

*shrug* PC weirdnesses can be so weird!
Did as you suggested. Uninstalled and installed the display driver. Now it accepts RGB. YPbPr colors dont look correct just like RGB earlier but at least that fixed the problem. Funnily now the display has warmer colors compared to earlier :p *edit: significantly warmer*

Last edited:
I cant find anything within the PC itself.
The setting to toggle between RGB and YPbPr is directly on the monitor.

In the Nvidia control panel, under display/change resolution select "Use Nvidia Settings" and then you can choose the color space, bit-depth, etc.

No option to swith between RGB and YPbPr
9uNa8Y7.jpg

SKlosxS.jpg

yPJvB6F.jpg

Yes thats the peculiar thing. There are no options for RGB and YPbPr. But the GPU was insisting in sending a signal which worked with the monitor's YPbPr while RGB was showing destroyed colors when earlier it worked. Only after uninstalling and reinstalling it dirvers it worked.

No option to swith between RGB and YPbPr

Whatever is shown in nv's control pannel is unfortunatelly also dependant on the monitor <---> gpu conection. My experience was that nvcp showed more options when connecting a monitor over hdmi (possibly it depends also on how the monitor declares itself over that specific connection).

Now I have an AMD Gpu connected, and for my 3440 x 1440 Acer monitor over DP, I can see chroma subsampling settings & also RGB/YPbPr switch

Yes, but a TV is a monitor nonetheless. The drivers probably only enable the extra options through HDMI and only if the monitor declares itself cabable to suppport both standards.

Ok
Either I missed it earlier or the options appeared after I reinstalled the drivers. Now I can find the option to switch between YPbPr and RGB.
Bummer

edit: I actually doubt the option was there earlier. I remember having the same options as in the original image posted by Davros.

I get some weird windows behaviors here and then.

Back