Nintendo Switch Price Speculation (Last Week Poll)

Nintendo Switch SKU Prices? [Pick 2 for Basic and Deluxe SKUs]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Base would be Switch + Dock-Charger + Pad-holder (whatever you call the thing that gets the two side pads together as one)

I think they csll that the JoyCon Grip, or it was labeled as that somewhere in pictures I saw, while just the 2 side pads were labeled as JoyCons. But I dont know if that is official naming.

I think they csll that the JoyCon Grip, or it was labeled as that somewhere in pictures I saw, while just the 2 side pads were labeled as JoyCons. But I dont know if that is official naming.
Yes, thank you :)

The base dock will be very cheap to make but they will be able to make a lot of profit from it. and they can market it as a device that turns your switch into a full home console. $$$

Nintendo is marketing Switch as a home console you can take with you so I would be very surprised if the dock wasn't included. Same goes for the Joycon Grip. Both are essential for a home console imo.

Anyway things like cables, controllers etc always have a enormous markup.

My price targets might still be fine depending on the price and inclusion of the normal Controller, where only Nintendo calls it the Pro Controller.

My price targets might still be fine depending on the price and inclusion of the normal Controller, where only Nintendo calls it the Pro Controller.

my friend who manages a gamestop did say there are two skus a $250 one and a $300 but doesn't know yet if the $300 is a gamestop bundle or an official Nintendo one.

Shield tablet was originally sold for 299$. It was later slightly redesigned and rebranded as Shield tablet K1 and sold for 199$

No surprise there, as it was a state-of-the-art tablet when it released so they could charge quite a bit more.
IIRC, few companies released Android tablets with 32bit ARMv7 tablets with 2GB RAM when the price came down to $199.

And now, few companies release Android tablets.
Which sadly makes the Shield Tablet a relatively very good Android option even today.

Well a majority nailed the price.

So the fact that it connects to play on the TV invites comparison to the X1 and PS4, especially at that price.

I'm sure it'll sell in respectable numbers to those who want to play those Nintendo games. But unlikely to shake up the world like the Wii. OTOH, it would be a disaster if it can't beat Wii U numbers.

Pay to play online or else local multiplayer for kids who go to their friends' homes for play dates or even the dorm kids.

Otherwise, who's going to carry that thing in addition to their phone? Need a bag whereas the phone slides in to the pants pocket.

I was actually off by the price of the Normal Controller [$50 ?], what only Nintendo calls the Pro Controller. :(

Two Versions, only differ by the color of the JoyCons.

SKU #1: Two Gray JoyCons.
SKU #2: One Neon Red, One Neon Blue JoyCon.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2017/01/12/nintendo-switch-launch-march-3-300/96523878/

Nintendo confirmed Thursday it will launch its Switch video game console worldwide on March 3.

The console, which is a combination of a home and portable device, will cost $299.99 in the U.S.

https://www.cnet.com/news/nintendo-switch-full-details-launch/

It is coming March 3, 2017, priced at $299.99.

There will also be a Nintendo Switch online service that will be a paid service. It will launch as a trial with pricing to be announced later in 2017.

Last edited:
Wait do you have to pay extra for things like the TV Dock or the controllers?

Are they still peddling some BS memory cards too?

Wait do you have to pay extra for things like the TV Dock or the controllers?

Are they still peddling some BS memory cards too?

Where are you reading that? The dock, joy cons and joy con grip are all included in the $300 package. Pretty sure it will use sd cards just like wii (wiiu?) and (3)DS.

$300 - Nintendo Switch SKU #1: 2 Gray JoyCons
$300 - Nintendo Switch SKU #2: 1 Neon Red and 1 Neon Blue JoyCon

The packages will include a console, two one-handed Joy-Con controllers, two wrist straps (which include expanded shoulder buttons), a grip that joins the two Joy-Con controllers into one dual-stick configuration (separate from the tablet screen), the TV connection dock, an HDMI cable, and an AC adapter.

A "charging grip" accessory, which combines the Joy-Cons into a larger controller while keeping them charged, will retail for $30.

Additional TV dock sets, with included HDMI cable and charging adapter, will sell for $90.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/01/nintendo-switch-launches-worldwide-march-3-299-in-us/

EDIT for Accessory Pricing Details:
eastman's post: https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/1961066/

32 gigs comes internal, os is installed so you loose some space . 720p 6.2 inch screen. Zelda can be played for 3 1/2 hours according to Nintendo's site

Pro controller $69.99 USD

A pair of joy cons $79.99

Joy con separate $49.99

Charging Grip $29.99

Dock with HDMI and AC $89.99

Joy con wheel (set of 2 ) 14.99

Last edited:
So I feel like this thing is $50 to high when you consider it comes with no game. Also the prices for accessories are off the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back