Nintendo Switch Event 2017-01-12 and Switch Launch discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
Nintendo Switch Event, 2017-01-12 23:00 -05:00 [ http://www.nintendo.com/switch/ ]. This is 8pm PST, 11pm EST, and 4am London, 5am Lisbin, 12 Noon Beijing, 3pm Melbourne, 5pm Auckland.

The Event is supposed to be streamed live at the following means:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendo
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

I can't guess which way the Nintendo Event is going to go.

A) It's Happening

a4e.jpg

B) It's Not Happening

it all comes down to the price. If its to high no one will care about the system and if its low enough it will take the market by storm. Esp if the Mario kart / smash bros / splatoon ports at launch are true and a new Zelda and Mario / Mario rpg . That is one of the best launch line ups I can remember

Even with the vita it was the high price which was the only negative for the handheld. If switch is being sold as a handheld it needs to be mighty cheap. If its a home console it needs to be mighty powerful.

If it is either of these it has a market and potential.
If it is none, i dont know why it exists.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Man $300 in the us. March 3rd. Your able to make matches on your smart device but its a paid service starting in the fall. More information about it in the future.

No region locking

welp they added each feature into the system. So its going to have a gamecube handle lol

Last edited by a moderator:
No Region Locking for Nintendo Switch Software.

Showing the Nintendo Switch Console and Nintendo Switch Dock and how to use it. Explaining how it's a game system for the home. Showing how to attach left and right Joy-Con connectors to game anywhere.

Switch and Play.

Last edited:
TV Mode

Play games on the TV.

Table Top Mode

Stand up using the kickstand and play wherever you like, even away from the TV.

Tablet Mode

You can take it with you and play anywhere you want.

Battery life ranges from 2.5 hours to 6.5 hours.

Up to 8 devices connected for local wireless gaming.

Last edited:
Going on and on about how AmazeBalls the JoyCon Controllers are.

Battery life is low but they say you can charge it with battery packs as you go. So its not the end of the world. I am guessing Zelda would get u 2 1/2 hours while a nes VC game will get u 6 hours lol

There is a Left and a Right Joy Con.

They have Analog Sticks.
They have buttons too.

Look at the left button on the JoyCon.

It can capture ScreenShots.
In the future it can capture video.

Last edited:
NFC , Photo button and wireless tracking for motion controls. Also an SL and SR buttons in the rail that connects to the console. Joy cons are fully functioning controllers.

You can hand the JoyCon to the person to your left. We call this Sharing the Joy.

I bet he tells all the ladies that it fits right in the palm of their hand and they can release all the tension while they play ... (hopefully that's not too off color lol)

hope the wrist strap doesn't cost $20 bucks each lol

JoyCon Color Variations:
Neon Blue
Neon Red

Has Wrist Attachments.

Feels like something shaking in a glass.

Last edited:
{ I'm sorry, but the translation is very bad. It's why I'm feeling impelled to write the most striking lines from the presentation. I don't know if they could have found a more boring translator for this presentation. }

so the joy con in black plus the strap holder in black come with the switch. I am assuming the dock does also. No idea if the joycon connector does .

this thing is has gimmick after gimmick. I love this whole montage has people plaing video games looking at each other and not the tv or tablet. WTF

And no bro , this game exists ... its called nerf guns , its call laser tag and so on. 1 2 switch is horrible.

Now play without looking at the screen.

Look directly into their eyes.

yo brit , I got this $300 system why don't you come over and we can look each other in the eye and ignore the new system ... Maybe we can go to a park and while we are giving loving glances at each others eyes someone will run past and steal the switch.

Lol its a video game system but lets sell non video games with it that don't need the tablet.

And now they're introducing us to Arms. It's a fighting game with extendable Arms. It's like boxing but you fire Arms.

You have Tentacle Arms.

{ Think Punch Out but with Freaky Style, while holding the JoyCons }

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back