Nintendo e3 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvd

Banned
Please post information from e3 in this thread .

Any big subjects like the cpu specifications and the gpu specifications can be discussed in thier private threads but game info , price , general specs , images please keep to this thread .

wow that was nice, if this thing in the movie is real, that Nintendo might be the one to beat next gen considering the MTV xbox event
thanks for the video

CubeIGN 12/05/2005:

"Nintendo of America's vice president of corporate affairs Perrin Kaplan describes the console as "very, very sleek."

Video: "the most sleek"

:oops:

Fake. I read this was made by the same guy who made the "Super Mario's Universe" video a couple years ago. Still, pretty good.

Nintendo own pre E3

Interesting note, they didn't say DVD, just that the Revolution media is 12 cm optical disc.

The Revolution is slightly bigger than 3 stack DVD cases as we've known from the other thread. It can be stand vertically or horizontally like X360 and PS2.

and

Get ready for the Nintendo Revolution in 2006!

I wonder how Revolution stacks up against the other consoles if it ends up being that small. You'd think that with a lot of power also comes a lot of heat and power. Accoarding to Nintendo's own pre E3, it seems to have neither (low-power, compact size)...

Phil said:
I wonder how Revolution stacks up against the other consoles if it ends up being that small. You'd think that with a lot of power also comes a lot of heat and power. Accoarding to Nintendo's own pre E3, it seems to have neither (low-power, compact size)...

Let's just hope people won't think the console is less powerfull because it's smaller...

If the graphics look good and the console looks good, power won't be obvious. PS2 slimline has shown how external aesthetics can have a huge impact on desireability. Plenty of existing PS2 owners 'upgraded', buying more from Sony instead of trying one of the alternative, 'more 'powerful' (power being subjective) consoles.

Three consoles in the window all showing similar graphics. One's half the size of the others. On those merits alone which would garner the most attention?

Shifty Geezer said:
If the graphics look good and the console looks good, power won't be obvious. PS2 slimline has shown how external aesthetics can have a huge impact on desireability. Plenty of existing PS2 owners 'upgraded', buying more from Sony instead of trying one of the alternative, 'more 'powerful' (power being subjective) consoles.

Three consoles in the window all showing similar graphics. One's half the size of the others. On those merits alone which would garner the most attention?

I think that a lot of PS2 owners "upgraded' to the new PS2 due to the "classic" PS2s breaking ;) .

I too wonder how they would make it smaller yet as powerful or even more than the competition. But then the Gamecube is smaller than either the PS2 or the Xbox and is more powerful than the PS2 and almost as powerfull as the XBOX.

Keep in mind that in Japan small is beautiful, so perhaps they are playing hard for the home audience?

Doesn't matter to me anyway, I am a Nintendo whore and will buy it anyway.

My frined bought one though his old PS2 worked fine. He gave it to his sister. Another friend saw his, thought I want one, and bought one for himself despite his old PS2 working fine. He then took his to work and apparently 2 or 3 people there said 'I want one' not owning any other console...

All anecdotal, but it certainly shows there's some pulling power in small form factor. Also at this company people have been showing SFF PCs and people have been upgrading just to shrink their machine (it's a software house BTW, so they're all techies which makes some sort of difference)

Evil_Cloud said:
Phil said:

Let's just hope people won't think the console is less powerfull because it's smaller...

Exactly. Nintendo could've easily made the GCN the same size as "3 stacked DVD cases", but they decided on a different shape (Cube) instead. Capcom then wiped the floor with RE4 rendering all preconceived biases against console size/power moot. Heck the GCN only consumed 37W of power total. All Nintendo needs now is a little more RAM just for sh*ts and giggles. :LOL:

I couldn't get that video to play all the way but people are describing some kind of a VR headset?

That wouldn't exactly be revolutionary.

I thought one of the reasons VR kind of dropped off the horizon was liability concerns. IIRC, after like a 30-minute session with that thing over your eyes, you became disoriented and it wouldn't be safe to drive?

jaws,

try reloading the site multiple times.... it worked for me, though it didn't quite play to the very end.

Phil said:
jaws,

try reloading the site multiple times.... it worked for me, though it didn't quite play to the very end.

Thanks, it worked, though it keeps bombing out after 40 secs...I'll try later... ;)

try this

right click and save as.

when i tried to stream it i got the forbidden several times, so i finally just saved it locally.

worked great for me! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back