Ninja Gaiden demo

maskrider

Henshin !
Veteran
Bought the special Ninja Gaiden issue of Famitsu X-BOX today and got the demo, graphics-wise, the game looks real nice, almost as nice as the screen shots, for sure you have to shrink the shots back to 480 lines and add back some aliasing to reflect the real image.

With interlace output, it tend to mask off most of the aliasing that exist with 480p output.

After playing to the first boss in the demo, I can safely say that I will buy it. The action of the game is very fast paced and I simply love the action with "Vigoorian Flail", spectacular ! Real fun playing it.

And what about the camera? Can it manage the fast action properly? Does it leave you down anytime? How much user controllable is it?

Thanks¡

megateto said:
And what about the camera? Can it manage the fast action properly? Does it leave you down anytime? How much user controllable is it?

Thanks¡

You have a centering key (default the right trigger), my impression (on playing it a short while) is you will need to manage your camera view sometimes, most of the time it will be ok, but not the best view, especially when you are surrounded by a bunch of enemies.

UltraMario said:
How about some movies of the game maskrider

May be later, busy with something important at the moment. Hope that when I had done it, the game is not yet released. Ha ha !

Heck, I was beginning to think the first thing you DID with games was take screen captures and make videos. ;)

The movie of Dead or Alive Ultimate on the most recent US Official Xbox Mag demo disc unbelievably manages to look every bit as defined as the screenshots Tecmo's been releasing of it... and on a regular interlaced TV! Now, I don't know if they took the time to doctor every frame of the video or taped the game off some super Xbox or something, but they've achieved an image definition far beyond anyone else if the footage is authentic.

Tecmo's coders are psycho.

There's also an interview with Itagaki in the latest XBN that might clear up some people's misconceptions about his personality and about Team Ninja.

Now, I don't know if they took the time to doctor every frame of the video or taped the game off some super Xbox or something
Adding post processed improvement to the video is easier than it sounds, actually, and Team Ninja being anal about their FMV quality as they are could have done the same thing that is done in the GT3 intro for example. Processing the raw video through software like Flame can result in dramatic increase in image quality.

Either that, or they maybe managed to enable FSAA in their new game. Actually, I think DOAX already had it, but I'm not sure.

marconelly! said:
Now, I don't know if they took the time to doctor every frame of the video or taped the game off some super Xbox or something
Adding post processed improvement to the video is easier than it sounds, actually, and Team Ninja being anal about their FMV quality as they are could have done the same thing that is done in the GT3 intro for example. Processing the raw video through software like Flame can result in dramatic increase in image quality.

Either that, or they maybe managed to enable FSAA in their new game. Actually, I think DOAX already had it, but I'm not sure.

For the DOAO (Ultimate) movies that I have (originals on DVDs), they certainly are super high quality and like the released shots (reduce them to 480 lines for the real look, please).

I think DOAO will like the NG demo that I've played, some jaggies/aliasing still exist in progressive output and almost completely filtered out in interlaced mode.

Yeah, supersampling is what I'd certainly want to claim after seeing it (assuming it's real); it's just hard to imagine they could be pulling something off that puts DOA:U so far out in front of its fighting game peers in that aspect. And if the game's doing it, I wonder what res it's being rendered at internally?

cthellis42 said:
Heck, I was beginning to think the first thing you DID with games was take screen captures and make videos. ;)

Actually, the first thing I will do with any new game will be playing it for a while to get the impression and put it back in the case and do something else.
I rarely keep playing a game at the first day. Screens/movies are normally captured when I play it the second time.

I haven't even opened my Korean version (no DFP wheel bug) of GT4 prologue yet. Ha ha !

And for NG, the graphics is real nice, but graphics alone doesn't get me like it, it is the fast actions in the game that is very entertaining to me, especially the flail.

The demo is short and I haven't beat the boss yet (it is in the box right now), no time to play it again yet.

marconelly! said:

It did, but only in non-interactive scenes. When you're playing a game of volleyball it's quite jaggy.

The weapons hitting have loud noises like in this video demo I'm seeing? I swear, I hate when action games have "soft noises" it kinda gives the game a softer feel; odd to explain.

But anyway, it's really fun no? And no major complaints all around?

Paul said:
The weapons hitting have loud noises like in this video demo I'm seeing? I swear, I hate when action games have "soft noises" it kinda gives the game a softer feel; odd to explain.

But anyway, it's really fun no? And no major complaints all around?

The noise is loud enough I suppose.

The demo is fun and the action is really entertaining.

I will upload my 16:9 captures later.

Deepak said:
Is it as fast paced as Devil May Cry?

In terms of actions, I think NG is as fast paced as DMC. But the demo is very short, you can only see that much environment and enemies.

DeathKnight said:
http://media.xboxyde.com/torrent/10min_ninja_gaiden_demo_nq.avi.torrent

Obviously need BitTorrent to download. 10 minute video of basically what's in the demo. You'll also need either the DivX or XviD codec.

I've got both codecs and this video crashes my WMP as well as the DivX player... any ideas?

I played the demo a few minutes ago and it's quite impressive, albiet short. Visually there's not much to complain about. The IQ in 480p mode is really quite special.

Nothing that we haven't seen before in DOA3 or DOAX, but hey given how pretty those games are this isn't exactly a bad thing.

Gameplay of course is pure DMC, but again not a bad thing.

The flail weapon is just a riot. :LOL:

Back