Nihilistic's - PS Vita Engine (Resistance & COD)

i guess if vita had sold way more then activision would have put more effort in this version.
it's really a shame because the vita has the potential to host a good cad game.
Given the time (6-8 monts ?) low budget and little to no support given to nihilistic, they did a good job. The only thing that's missing is content. I definitly can't buy a game at €50 with only 6 very small MP maps and 10 operation missions that may last 5min each.

i guess if vita had sold way more then activision would have put more effort in this version.
it's really a shame because the vita has the potential to host a good cad game.
Given the time (6-8 monts ?) low budget and little to no support given to nihilistic, they did a good job. The only thing that's missing is content. I definitly can't buy a game at €50 with only 6 very small MP maps and 10 operation missions that may last 5min each.

COD was announced when the VITA was launched as NGP back in the beginning of 2012 (IIRC).

they opened up a new studio in Uk just to dev mobile/handheld COD games and direct access to their current COD dev to use the assets they have already created. Guess They could have done it much sooner and let this Vita game game be their first. Probably would have ended up better than What declassified is. I am sure Sony knew this was the case, but they should have kept zipper around just long enough and offer to make this COD game like Unit 13. Would be Interesting to see what they can pull off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebjp4-ksGgE&feature=channel&list=UL

more SP, This game should really be done in house, they should just port the entire MP of Black Ops 2 that let you continue your progress from PS3 account with a few exclusive spec ops missions and sell it for 40. I think ppl will be a lot more interested.

I agree. But I'm getting the impression that the Vita somehow can't handle multiplayer with more than 8, either because it's too taxing on the hardware or because it's too taxing on the network capabilties. Regardless, I think Sony are still not bringing enough first party and SDK stuff to developers to support this kind of thing, and they should have aimed for a first party first person shooter on the Vita as a primary objective next to getting franchises like Wipeout, Uncharted and LBP. A first person shooter done right on the Vita could have made a world of difference much sooner in Vita's lifetime. That's not to say it's too late. Resistance convinced people that the Vita can do it, but while Nihilistic did a good job with the controls, they failed at the game design part. CoD now risks the same - works as a shooter, but may not have what people were looking for in terms of gameplay.

Of course Sony was in a tough position here. They probably didn't have a lot of time when Activision told them they weren't going to be able to get a CoD done this year on Vita, so they were facing a tough choice of letting it slip for a year, or forcing the issue after I presume Activision as a mea culpa agreed that Sony could make the game if they wanted. I don't know the answer, and we'll only find out when CoD is actually out. Then it's a matter of waiting to find out whether a better version will appear alongside Killzone next year or not. Of course there is also a chance that Sony has in fact employed the new UK based 'Guerilla' to take over responisibilities for this title, and the game will see some updates and add-ons from that team over the next months/year.

On paper though it's certainly a good thing - the Vita, by it's first Christmas, will boast a list that features a lot of big franchises already: Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Fifa, Call of Duty, Madden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2, LittleBigPlanet, MLB The Show, alongside 'smaller' big titles such as Wipeout, Super Stardust, Lumines, MVC3 and Super Streetfighter, etc. If Sony can keep this level of support up for one more year, then it's hard to imagine the device won't have a solid future, but it won't be easy for them, as next year a lot of Playstation 4 work will need to be done too. Hopefully they can take some kind of integrated approach and make the two benefit from each other, rather than hurt each other like when the Playstation 3 got in the way of PSP support.

The Vita is a much more sound device though, but also in a tougher marketplace.

medal of honor psp could handle online MP with 32 players how come the vita would not be able to handle at least 12 players like console cod.

Dunno man, Medal of honor on PSP support 32 players online. Graphically it a lot less demanding, but it should be able to handle whatever they got the wii version of previous games to run. Another thing they could have done is just take all the popular maps from previous COD games and built a compilation package with specs ops missions. If they can get the game to run on the Wii @30 fps even without all the shaders, they can at least get it to run on Vita like Need for Speed level of down scaling, with some basic shaders and get it to around around 40 fps. The low input lag on vita would help the lower frame rate.

Game is up in most stores (you may have to search for it). Apparently, Nihilistic is doing two more patches for Activision, 1.01 which should come out soon adds Ad Hoc, which I think is pretty cool - that's just the type of feature I'd want, personally, if I had more friends with Vita's ;) and is something which I thought could increase the potential for this game a lot all the way back when it got annonounced.

I also read that this game supports starting both private and public games from Vita's Party Chat, which really helps too.

Not a bad effort from Nihlistic overall and big improvement over R:BS

So far I've played the Tutorial, Hostiles and 1 MP match (1 MP match frooze when joining)

- The controls are a little sensitive on the default settings but feel very good.
- From the 2 levels I played (Tutorial and the Snow MP Map) the textures in single player (Tutorial) seem a lot more detailed. But MP doesn't look too bad either.
- Framerate is pretty good in both single and MP.
- Lighting is very impressive in both single and MP.

I haven't played much of it, but I'm enjoying it so far:)

Not a bad effort from Nihlistic overall and big improvement over R:BS

So far I've played the Tutorial, Hostiles and 1 MP match (1 MP match frooze when joining)

- The controls are a little sensitive on the default settings but feel very good.
- From the 2 levels I played (Tutorial and the Snow MP Map) the textures in single player (Tutorial) seem a lot more detailed. But MP doesn't look too bad either.
- Framerate is pretty good in both single and MP.
- Lighting is very impressive in both single and MP.

I haven't played much of it, but I'm enjoying it so far:)

Does it feel like a COD game or is it something different? I am dithering over whether to buy it or not. If they've managed to get the COD feel incorporated in the gameplay then I will buy, if it's more generic war shooter I'll wait for a price drop.

from all ppl that own it or play it on Gaf, it feels like a shrink down version of Blacp Ops 1, interms of gunplay and controls. It just doesn't have enough contents for the 50 dollar price tag. Giant Bomb give it a 1/5, but ppl that like COD and own it says its not that bad. its good for a COD that you can pull out of your pocket to play for short breaks.

There are issues trying to get into a MP game which they will likely patch, but once I'm in it definitely feels like COD:)

Back