NHL 15 - The reveal all of you (just me) have been waiting for!

Just watching this as part of the EA Gamescom conference and it looks gooooooooood :yes: I'm not remotely into hockey at all but I'll be downloading this demo as soon as it's out, because this game looks like it could be fun.

Lots of rumours that PS4 and Xbox one are going to ship without Online Team Play or EASHL modes. I find it hard to believe. I guess there are pics of the box are for both Xbox One and PS4 and they say 2 players online. The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions say 12 player online. I find it hard to believe they'd ship with less features on the new console, especially popular ones. If true, it instantly becomes a non-purchases for me. Guess I'll have to see when they start announcing game modes. In the end, it could be a good thing. It'll free up a lot of my time.

Bit of a twitter uproar using the #EASHL tag. Another "kill first and ask questions later" movement from the angry mob known as "Gamers." If the game doesn't have EASHL, I'm 100% not going to buy it, but I'm also not going to get worked up about it like a child, especially before it's even made official.

So far, the box art clips I've seen show 2 players online, instead of 12, and the achievements were revealed and showed nothing that was related to EASHL.

People are also saying the GM Connected mode is gone.

Animation, especially transitions between movements could look a bit smoother, those still look quite stiff and now with better graphics it stands out more imo.

Animation, especially transitions between movements could look a bit smoother, those still look quite stiff and now with better graphics it stands out more imo.

The animations haven' t changed as much as I'd like, but it's a very small team that makes the game. DOesn't sell a lot.

The animations haven' t changed as much as I'd like, but it's a very small team that makes the game. DOesn't sell a lot.

Yeah it's a pity and a bit surreal to me as NHL games have always done great in Finland. NHL 14 was the second best selling game in 2013 over here, lost only to GTA 5. PS3 and 360 versions did about 65k in total. Not bad considering the small size of our market, and I'm sure they have sold quite a few copies during 2014 also. It would be nice to get accurate WW sales numbers for the NHL games, but yeah hockey is a sport enjoyed only in few places.

Yeah it's a pity and a bit surreal to me as NHL games have always done great in Finland. NHL 14 was the second best selling game in 2013 over here, lost only to GTA 5. PS3 and 360 versions did about 65k in total. Not bad considering the small size of our market, and I'm sure they have sold quite a few copies during 2014 also. It would be nice to get accurate WW sales numbers for the NHL games, but yeah hockey is a sport enjoyed only in few places.

I think NHL around or under 1 million sales for each release. Not completely sure.

I think they did a great job with the visuals and from the videos the collisions between multiple players look great. That was actually a big problem playing club online. You'd get a guy who could skate between two defenders that should just destroy them. Only one of the two defenders hits would register, so if the player happened to bounce off the hit, they'd skate through the second defender like they had a force field. It's maybe not immediately apparent, but in terms of gameplay it should be a big change. Also, it would be awesome to see teammates skate into eachother and fall down when they collapse in front of their own net.

Animations though, I think are acceptable, but I was hoping for more. It kind of makes the game look so similar to the last one, even though the graphics have been improved so much. You can at least deke while skating at speed with the puck now, instead of only during glides.

Online team play will be added as an update later on, but EASHL is out for NHL15 on next-gen platforms! I'm kind of amazed they're actually doing that. If you play EASHL, looks like you're stuck with ps360, which means you basically don't get any of the other next-gen updates. I think the only version of the game I haven't played was NHL07.

http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/2014/nhl-15-game-modes

The best online game mode in all of gaming, cast aside. Very surprising. I guess there's a good chance I'll be back to FIFA Pro Clubs, which is the same thing for FIFA.

NHL gamers ... nsfw

This guy is the world's biggest piece of shit. So funny in all the wrong ways. I dare anyone to watch this guy and his shell necklace right to the end. I couldn't do it.

Back