NForce3 Firewall probs - MSI K8N Neo Platinum

Scott_Arm

Legend
So here's the story ...

I can't load the Nvidia Network Access Manager in IE. In IE it says the page cannot be found.

I can access the Network Access Manager in the Firefox browser, but the profiles will not change.

Under Personal Firewall->Basic Configuration, I cannot switch my profile. It takes me to the " Please Wait Configuration settings are being applied" screen, with the progress meter, but nothing ever happens, even if I leave it sitting for 30 minutes. I noticed there are error messages on that screen: "Error in ProfileCustom1Base Set : Invalid selection. Please choose a valid selection" and "Error in ProfileCustom2Base Set : Invalid selection. Please choose a valid selection" The error messages appear regardless of which profile I'm attempting to use: low, off, high, medium, custom1-3.

This is really bugging me, because I want to use the firewall, but I cannot open ports for programs I want to use.

If someone knows a contact email for Nvidia, please let me know.

MSI support has been no help at all, and neither has the MSI HQ forum, so far.

Thanks.

I had a problem like this with my epox .

What i did was delete all of the nvidia firewall software. Rebooted . Deleted whatever was left. Restarted. Boom instant web connection and no problems.

I used to loose connection every 5 seconds and pages would take forever to load

yah

If I delete the firewall software, my internet connection works fine. In fact, it works ok with the firewall software running, except I can't manually open or close ports. I'm stuck with the default 'medium' profile it runs on startup.

The problem is, I don't want to uninstall the firewall. I want to use it. I only have one pc at home, so I don't have a router with a firewall. It's either this motherboard firewall or a software firewall. So far software firewalls have always turned out to be a huge pain in the arse. Zonealarm always eventually mucks up my pc forcing me to reinstall.

I really want to get this damned thing working.

from my experiance it isn't very good. There is no low setting. I can get medium or high setttings with it.

Its a pain to open up ports too.

i just use a lnyksys router with built in fire wall and then i use trendmicro firewall / anti virus and it works great.

Back