Next Gen bottlenecks (Volition interview)

Different job. My last one involved the owner whose entire character was imbued with Anti-Microsoft dogma and the publisher who likes to play games of brinksmanship at E3 and also not tell you what platforms your game is supposed to be on.
You seem to have all the luck, my man... ;)

In other news: "Chrome Nazis" would make a great name for a punk band.

Different job. My last one involved the owner whose entire character was imbued with Anti-Microsoft dogma and the publisher who likes to play games of brinksmanship at E3 and also not tell you what platforms your game is supposed to be on.

You're forgetting, the guns all have to fire from the same point! And the glowing functional spies, don't forget how important it is that spies glow!

....and they say the games industry is in trouble? suffers from creation-by-committee? BAH! :rolleyes:

You seem to have all the luck, my man... ;)
It's always nice when a publisher asks you "So how's the PS3 version coming along?" when you were never even told your game would have a PS3 version nor did anybody even take any efforts to get any devkits into the studio. After some chiding that they should have told us that it was due for such and such platforms even if they only decided on that 3 months prior, the response was that "All the press sites said you were going to have a PS3 version, didn't you get any idea from that?"

Oh well, they got it in the ass in the end, and they were basically asking for it.

In other news: "Chrome Nazis" would make a great name for a punk band.
Hmmmm........... The Chrome Nazis... and their lead singer "Quantum Hitler."

Back