News & Rumours: Playstation 4/ Orbis *spin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I have successfully tried to Remote Play my PS4 on my Vita out of my household. I was surprised how well it run. My PS4 stream was almost 60fps constantly and the image quality was great. Lag input was also minimal. Very very surprising and impressed. It was as if I was remote playing from homw.
The only issue? Got damn those controls! The L2,R2,L3,R3 are a pain in the arse. Makes PS4 games almost unplayable. It is such a shame that the technology and feature are top notch. The games run perfectly only for the experience to be ruined due to the control mapping that makes PS4 games unplayable.
Have you guys tried a workaround that you find successful? Like something that is attached on the PS Vita that makes life a ton easier?

Today I have successfully tried to Remote Play my PS4 on my Vita out of my household. I was surprised how well it run. My PS4 stream was almost 60fps constantly and the image quality was great. Lag input was also minimal. Very very surprising and impressed. It was as if I was remote playing from homw.
The only issue? Got damn those controls! The L2,R2,L3,R3 are a pain in the arse. Makes PS4 games almost unplayable. It is such a shame that the technology and feature are top notch. The games run perfectly only for the experience to be ruined due to the control mapping that makes PS4 games unplayable.
Have you guys tried a workaround that you find successful? Like something that is attached on the PS Vita that makes life a ton easier?

Pretty much my experience echos yours, its a shame VITA does not have proper L2,R2, L3&R3 - it ruins the experience for me with games that use those buttons.

@Nesh yeah it is optimized with vita control but the gameplay itself is still the same. So aiming weapon become harder due to small screen. Best to use melee (sword, hammer, knife, punch, slap) rather than shooting stuff.

i dont have destiny but i have a ton of games that dont fit well on vita. Was the game optimized with vita specific controls?
Destiny and Fallout 4 spring to mind as games with optimised Vita controls but I can't imagine playing Fallout on a tiny screen. As much as I love my Vita, no!

Remote play is amazing, not perfect (due to controls as stated) but many games will work 'well enough' to have a good experience away from your TV

Remote play is amazing, not perfect (due to controls as stated) but many games will work 'well enough' to have a good experience away from your TV

I hate to disagree, but that's not my experience at all; the remote play seems to have an odd distribution of frames when set to 60fps (or "High") and the controls are completely unusable to me for the vast majority of games. Trying to play FPSs is akin to playing Bloodborne with a Rock Band controller.

I find the remote play to be a curiosity rather than a usable implementation.

I hate to disagree, but that's not my experience at all; the remote play seems to have an odd distribution of frames when set to 60fps (or "High") and the controls are completely unusable to me for the vast majority of games. Trying to play FPSs is akin to playing Bloodborne with a Rock Band controller.

If Sony made the Vita and DS4 compatible or if they released an accessory that attaches to the Vita it would have solved the issue. their Xperia Z phones allow DS4 compatibility. So why not Vita? I dont think its just a curiosity considering Sony's efforts to promote it as a companion device

If Sony made the Vita and DS4 compatible or if they released an accessory that attaches to the Vita it would have solved the issue. their Xperia Z phones allow DS4 compatibility. So why not Vita? I dont think its just a curiosity considering Sony's efforts to promote it as a companion device
There's an unofficial app that allows you to remote play on any Android phone. I tried that and it works fairly well.

You don't actually need the DS4 to be plugged into the phone providing you're in range of the PS4.

There's an unofficial app that allows you to remote play on any Android phone. I tried that and it works fairly well.

You don't actually need the DS4 to be plugged into the phone providing you're in range of the PS4.
in order tou use the DS4 when in range you need to connect through a secondary profile and then log in with your primary profile on the PS4 since your vita replaces the DS4. which means I need another mem card on my Vita with a secondary profile. Also what I find useful is the ability to play my PS4 games when I am not at home

Have you tried all the known fixes to try to stabilize stream? LAN cable into PS4 [so its WiFi module is free to service only the Vita], turn off WiFi powersave option on Vita [stupidly it is ON by default], tested the airways for open WiFi channels [you can switch Vita to a new one], etc?

I find RP awesomely stable and with very low latency. Only big issue are the controls.

Have you tried all the known fixes to try to stabilize stream? LAN cable into PS4 [so its WiFi module is free to service only the Vita], turn off WiFi powersave option on Vita [stupidly it is ON by default], tested the airways for open WiFi channels [you can switch Vita to a new one], etc?

I find RP awesomely stable and with very low latency. Only big issue are the controls.
I don't feel the controls work well enough to retry. Thanks for the advice though.

remote play with the best condition is still laggy. But it is bearable for FPS when using DS4 direct-connection workaround bullshit :D
too bad PS Vita does not support Multi PSN Profile.

btw if you want Party Chat in remoteplay, you need to do workaround too. Start and join party chat in PS Vita BEFORE starting Remote Play app. This is already an improvement where pre Vita 3.18 we need to VERY QUICK switch back-and-forth between remoteplay and party chat app while remoteplay displaying specific sentence.

lol its very veeeeeeeeeeery true. its like their motto.. "It's a Sony"

I don't feel the controls work well enough to retry. Thanks for the advice though.
This is my primary issue too. Games designed for Vita, particularly designed for those little sticks with a small amount of travel, work fine but few PS4 games seem to be adjusted / re-calibrated. While it may not be a big deal in a game like Destiny where you're often whizzing about, in Fallout I really like the precise control over my movement speed because it's directly related to enemy detection. This is also why I prefer Elder Scrolls and Fallout games on a controller over keyboard and mouse - even on PC.

Have you tried to turn off the Wifi power saving mode on your Vita?

EDIT: damn, missed DieH@rd post about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back