News & Rumours: Playstation 4/ Orbis *spin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony’s PlayStation 4 wins Gadget of the Year - and Apple gets BOOED: 'Technology Oscars' rewards best devices of 2014

Sony was awarded the Gadget of the Year and the Gaming accolade for its PlayStation 4, and the Japanese firm also received the inaugural entry into the T3 Hall of Fame.

Congratulations Sony!

Winners:
Gadget of the Year: Sony PlayStation 4
Highly commended: GoPro 3
Phone of the Year: HTC One (M8)
Highly commended: Samsung Galaxy S5
The Gaming Award: Sony PlayStation 4
Laptop or Tablet of the Year: Apple MacBook Pro with Retina display
TV of the Year: Samsung HU8500
Highly commended: Sony Bravia X9005B
Highly commended: LG LB730v
Car of the Year: BMW i3
Brand of the Year: Netflix
Camera of the Year: GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
Fitness Wearable of the Year: Jawbone UP24
Highly commended: TomTom Runner Cardio
The Design Innovation Award: Apple Mac Pro
The Sound Award: Denon Coccon Stream
Highly commended: Cambridge Audio Minx Xi
Highly commended: Sonos Play 1
The Entertainment Award: Sky+ HD
The TechLife Home Award: Philips Hue
Headphones of the Year: Philips Fidelio S2
Tech Personality of the Year: Richard Ayoade
T3 Tech Legend: Sir James Dyson
T3 Hall of Fame: Sony PlayStation

do Sony ever promised to bring background music playback on PS4?
i really miss that feature that i enjoy easily on x360.

now with PS4 i need to put playlist on PC :( (luckily my pc and ps4 share 1 sound system)

do Sony ever promised to bring background music playback on PS4?
i really miss that feature that i enjoy easily on x360.

Not to the best of my knowledge and, at the risk of sound like a broken record, they need to deliver the features they promised at the reveal in February, like suspend and resume :yep2:

PS4 Firmware 2.0 is supposedly coming this week with a PSN revamped store tomorrow.

Not to the best of my knowledge and, at the risk of sound like a broken record, they need to deliver the features they promised at the reveal in February, like suspend and resume :yep2:

PS4 Firmware 2.0 is supposedly coming this week with a PSN revamped store tomorrow.

Yeah. I got/kept Music Unlimited for this reason. It's not perfect but it works (most of the time ;) ). There is a cheap plan for just using it on Playstation and there have been some good offers here and there.

But yeah, there are a lot of features 'missing'.

PSN is on maintenance again after offline a few days ago.

when i was on X360, xbox live almost never goes totally offline. Even if their online play is dead, the store still working, etc. While on PS4, one dead = all dead.

Btw peeps, is there seriously no way to make PS4 output dolby digital through HDMI? Fucking piece of shit, I was wondering why I couldn't hear any surround sound, so THAT'S why.

Btw peeps, is there seriously no way to make PS4 output dolby digital through HDMI? Fucking piece of shit, I was wondering why I couldn't hear any surround sound, so THAT'S why.

What exactly is your problem? Are you claiming that the PS4 cannot output a Dolby Digital through the HDMI? What does it do to the audio for DVDs then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back