News & Rumours: Playstation 4/ Orbis *spin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea... With the Vita TV announcement, it looks like they will try to keep their userbase contained within their ecosystem.

Don't think it will work to their advantage at this late stage.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=708422

It's not possible: it's certain. We acquired a company called Gaikai a couple of years ago, which provides a cloud streaming service. Starting next year in North-America and soon to follow in Europe, we will start streaming PlayStation gaming experiences to PlayStation devices, but also to non-PlayStation devices: smartphones, tablets, laptop computers, televisions, blu-ray players.

Will you only stream PlayStation games to Sony tablets/smartphones/TVs/etc.?

No. We will stream to, obviously Sony products, but also the possibility to stream to non-Sony products is definitely on the horizon.

Just noticed...
PS4’s cooling system is optimized for living room use and is generally much quieter than PS3′s. PS4 features a stepless speed fan system that will smoothly increase the speed of the fans as needed. As with all game consoles, it’s important to keep PS4 in an environment with plenty of air circulation.
Now it's pretty sure it's not a typo or misinterpreted, this is directly from the FAQ.... there are multiple fans in the PS4. :oops:

I think some of you let yourselves get hyped up too easily. :p

Is there anything solid indicating this (the event on the 15th) is anything more than a pre-launch event?

14th is a Spike TV event, so yeah I doubt there is new info. May be new PS4 commercial ?

11-12th may include clarifications and deeper look of PS4 to conclude their Feb 2013 reveal info. Is the Review event really a 2-day affair ?

there are multiple fans in the PS4. :oops:

One fan to suck, another to blow ;)

Good video interview from Jim Ryan, a few new tidbits

http://www.rtlnieuws.nl/economie/home/hoge-vraag-naar-playstation-4

-preorders are high, and demand got higher after MS announced their delay
-suggested PS4 is profitable at launch, in Europe at least
-there will be 34 games published from launch to Christmas, of which more than half will be available on PS4, but will not appear on Xbox One
-Gaikai and smartphone/tablet streaming

I don't know for sure, this I why I said "might".
Anyway if true then it's good for Sony.

I mean maybe EG got it wrong and made one of their usual reports like "Sony will drop Dualshock for PS4".

Last edited by a moderator:
PDM is a lot faster to say, but DM is too much like Dungeon Master. PeeDeeEm is much more like ExEmBee ...

PSDM sounds too much like MSDN or something like that. But you never know what will stick.

This is is net contrast to what EG heard though.
It might just be PR talk a.k.a. lies.

His actual statement is fairly ambiguous (based on the quote I read) and could be interpreted in such a way that its in line with what EG stated and what Sony has said previously.

That aside, it looks like I was wrong about the GT event on the 14th:

SQBC9z4.png

Probably Sony should have picked a more interesting name for the UI.
PlayStation Dynamic Menu is very unimaginative.

PSDM sounds too much like a disease or disorder. I think my medication includes pills for PSDM.

Maybe we should call it poo-ey - PUI - PlayStation User Interface :yep2:

Probably Sony should have picked a more interesting name for the UI.
PlayStation Dynamic Menu is very unimaginative.
Yeah, they missed a trick. PlayStation Revelations or some such crap. Psyche?

"Here is a view of PlayStation's Psyche. See how rich and wonderful it is!"

Yeah, they missed a trick. PlayStation Revelations or some such crap. Psyche?

"Here is a view of PlayStation's Psyche. See how rich and wonderful it is!"

PlayStation's Psyche a.k.a. PSP...nah already used ;)
PS Mind (PSM ) could work.

"Behold the PS Mind!"

Yah it would definitely work great, if pronounced by a mad scientist in a cartoon.

Last edited by a moderator:
PSDM sounds too much like a disease or disorder. I think my medication includes pills for PSDM.

Maybe we should call it poo-ey - PUI - PlayStation User Interface :yep2:

Post-streptococcal diabetes mellitus.

The funny thing is it's not impossible, just probably not going to happen :p

(that is not actually a named condition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back