News & Rumours: Playstation 4/ Orbis *spin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The war is over people PlayStation has the best screws.
Sony won :yep2:

Hence forth I will choose my console based on the screws, the ultimate and most fundamental piece of hardware.

Well that screw is going to be in a lot of internet pics over the next few years, I don't expect most of them will be positive. :)

Cool, now I know why the top cover has different sections.

Someone should make a custom cover so that we can replace the internal HDD with something taller or bigger.

Cool, now I know why the top cover has different sections.

Someone should make a custom cover so that we can replace the internal HDD with something taller or bigger.
Not sure it's worth the effort for a taller drive if they can fit 3 platters in 9mm and only 4 in 15mm:???:
Right now there's a slim 1.5TB available... and the taller drives are only 2TB.

If there's a mod to fit a 3.5, now we're talking.

Not sure it's worth the effort for a taller drive if they can fit 3 platters in 9mm and only 4 in 15mm:???:
Right now there's a slim 1.5TB available... and the taller drives are only 2TB.

If there's a mod to fit a 3.5, now we're talking.

Yep, just pull the HDD cable though the glossy cover. ^_^

The PS3 HDD cover is at the bottom. If we pull the HDD cable through, we won't be able to set it vertically. The PS4 design is more versatile in this sense.

Anyone else notice the slight bulge on the right hand side in the unboxing video? I guess that's to fit the fan, given its circular aspect. That means the case must be pretty tight on the innards (which we knew anyway, but not even enough room to fit the fan fully is pretty extreme).

Anyone else notice the slight bulge on the right hand side in the unboxing video? I guess that's to fit the fan, given its circular aspect. That means the case must be pretty tight on the innards (which we knew anyway, but not even enough room to fit the fan fully is pretty extreme).

I thought that was odd, but couldn't get a good look. That is not in the original press release photos from I can remember.

I thought that was odd, but couldn't get a good look. That is not in the original press release photos from I can remember.

This is the first time I've seen it, I can't wait to a proper tear down. So we can see what wonders Sony's engineers have wrought in terms of cooling solution.

on the glossy side? i tried to screenshot the video, can't really tell if there is a bulge..

Do you mean in the groove?

Anyone else notice the slight bulge on the right hand side in the unboxing video?
I looked carefully and could not see any bulge, I think that's just a variation in the matte texture of the moulded plastic of the top cover, making the light reflect slightly differently on that part of the cover.

It's around 5:14 or 5:15 ?

It looks like a reflection of a rounded corner in the room. I think the PS4 has straight edges all round.

The game delay are because sony changing the ps4 performance yet again. So devs frantically need to change their game.

But seriously, when ubi change change watch dogs release date, I though it's because November already took crowded. Now with Sony also delaying drive club? I don't know what to think.

The game delay are because sony changing the ps4 performance yet again. So devs frantically need to change their game.

But seriously, when ubi change change watch dogs release date, I though it's because November already took crowded. Now with Sony also delaying drive club? I don't know what to think.

This is completely unfounded and I don't see any indication of it either. Games get delayed al the time, its no indication of a downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back