New World by Amazon Games delayed until Spring 2021, make that Fall 2021.

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by BRiT, Oct 10, 2020.

1. BRiT

BRiT (>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
    Moderator Legend Alpha

I would not be surprised if this Amazon Games title follows along in the footsteps of Crucible, that launched in May, reverted to closed beta in June and finally cancelled in November.

------
    https://www.escapistmagazine.com/v2/new-world-mmo-from-amazon-games-sees-delay-to-spring-2021/

New World MMO from Amazon Games Sees Delay to Spring 2021

Amazon MMO New World has seen another delay, moving its launch from next month to next year. Amazon Games announced the push back via a blog post, revealing that the launch and closed beta dates have been moved to sometime in spring 2021. The game was previously set to enter its final beta sometime ahead of an Aug. 25 launch on PC.

New World Studio Director Rich Lawrence specifically pointed to a desire “to ensure that the most dedicated players have plenty of middle and endgame experiences” as partial cause for the delay.

Lawrence went on, saying that Amazon wants to provide a lengthy, quality experience: “We’re passionate about the game we’ve been making and want to add more features and content before we share it with a wider audience.”

This isn’t the MMO’s first time dealing with a delay, as the project was first set to arrive in May 2020 before being pushed to later in the year. The delay also follows a development shake-up for Crucible, another Amazon Games project. Crucible launched to a quickly diminishing player base, leading the game to return to beta for now.

2. eastmen

Legend Subscriber

The game was one thing , then fans didn't want that one thing so it became another thing and the talent left and now new people are making it into yet another thing. The original idea would have been like a 3D Ultima online.

AzBat and BRiT like this.
  3. xexuxjy

Regular Newcomer

I thought it had already been moved to 2021 a while back?, (https://www.newworld.com/en-us/news/articles/release-update) I played the beta they had aa month or so ago and was quite impressed at how polished it was, though I'm more of a fan of theme park style mmo's then the full PvP games it still managed to interest me and looked and played well . Have read about a lot of concerns with the end game, but guess we'll see. Agree that with crucilble they now have a worrying precedent, but will see how it works out.

BRiT likes this.
  4. BRiT

BRiT (>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
    Moderator Legend Alpha

eastmen likes this.
  5. Tkumpathenurpahl

Tkumpathenurpahl Oil Monsieur Geezer
    Veteran Newcomer

As an Englishman, the only way this game could make me less willing to play it is by calling it "Tame the Savages."

DSoup likes this.
  6. DSoup

DSoup Series Soup
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

And look what's happen to the world since the British stopped doing this. I blame the Roman Empire for not originally finishing the job. Losers.

7. Tkumpathenurpahl

Tkumpathenurpahl Oil Monsieur Geezer
    Veteran Newcomer

True. Although, personally, I prefer Alexander the Great as I'm a fan of macadamia nuts.

DSoup likes this.
  8. BRiT

BRiT (>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
    Moderator Legend Alpha

Do not run this Beta version build if you have high end GPUs! It's killing video cards.

Original post by "Man from Atlantis" @ https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/2216430/
    _____
    https://www.windowscentral.com/amazons-new-world-bricking-rtx-3090-graphics-cards

check out the reddit thread:

Pete likes this.
  9. goonergaz

Veteran

Holy sheet, as if shortages weren’t bad enough!

10. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Glad they don't sell factory overclocked consoles. :p

Regards,
    SB

11. zed

zed
    Legend Veteran

Whatever magic they are doing the guys from furmark can use it to stresstest GPU's

strange why only 3090's are affected, I assume its running nearly at the thermal limits of whats possible, whats the 4090 gonna be like

orangpelupa likes this.
  12. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

there's also report it crashes 3080 (but didnt brick).