New UT2k7 Screens

oh boy! these screens look awesome, but... wtf, why do we need yet another game wherein we can play a BIG DUMB MONKEY!?!?!?
ut2k7 crap avi.jpg

Big Dumb Monkey? Please explain. :oops:

Well, it's a petty complaint really, just meant to elicit a chuckle. But I am totally bored with this scifi style. Bring back the Gibson! In the future we will NOT need to be 700 lbs and BALD!!! boring! the alien walkers look cool tho ;)

Racism ;). I don't understand your hate poopypoo, its a game about fighting aliens, not a cyber punk adventure. Its like complaining about how football isn't like soccer.

i hear you, and of course it's a good thing there's a ;) after your joke. ;p but seriously, it's just an opinion. i think i can only get into these kinds of shooters when I see them in motion. I don't think I've ever really liked Epic's art direction, but that doesn't mean I don't have fun playing their games. ;)

I like it. I'd like to hear if these are PS3 shots or Pc shots though. :)
Should be a blast online like always with unreal tournaments. :D

Well, it's a petty complaint really, just meant to elicit a chuckle. But I am totally bored with this scifi style. Bring back the Gibson! In the future we will NOT need to be 700 lbs and BALD!!! boring! the alien walkers look cool tho ;)

Certain design choices in games have historically been influenced by technical limits. A big and bulky model with no hair is a lot easier to handle than a delicate girl's model with lots of flowing hair for obvious reasons. The bulky character has the added luxury of not-needing to move "in a nice way" as opposed to a girl (try playing as a pretty girl who moves like King Kong...) so animation is easier too. :D

Looks very good (apart from the falling rocks) Won't surprise me that we already seen better games before this is out. UE3 is good (assumably) but the metallic shining on everything is already getting on my nerves.

I too am starting to get totally bored in these space marine games fighting aliens in the future, even though I haven't even played them that much (have I played any of such game?? not that I remember unless HL2 counts...).
Just looking at the screenshots do make me not want to play them that much.
They all look the same, play basically the same, sound the same... so what's the point. Buy Halo and you've played them all.

To be told, I'm not a big fps fan anyway, so maybe I should just shut up.

To counter this, fortunately there's still games that take a different, less in-you-face approach to art... such as MGS4 ;)

Well after watching the movie of it, I'm really excited for this title, should be really awesome online. The massive vehicles looked really awesome. :D

Bring on the big guns next-gen! :)

Back