New StarWars Battlefronts!

Licensing out their IP for games definitely one advantage to the Disney takeover

I cannot think of a better dev to handle Battlefront than DICE either gameplay or technology wise, it'll be like BF2142 except in the Star Wars universe.

Can't wait.

No way that's in-engine.

You haven't really been actually playing last gen first party and Dice Frostbite engine games?

There's a great opportunity for EA/DICE to really show their best possible technology with their custom Frostbite engine.

Battlefield 3 and 4 are very visually stunning despite their flaws. Hoping its a serious fps like Battlefield with single player campaign even if you're Joe-shmoe droid, clone, imperial or rebel taking orders and carrying objectives like in Republic Commando along with the expected epic online multiplayer modes.

Iirc DICE was spending extra time customizing the current gen frostbite engine so definetly a welcome change from all the real world military shooters...hopefully there is pod racing and wombat shooting, hell even Star Wars Golf where Darth Sidious is shooting a hole in one into the Jedi academy.

You haven't really been actually playing last gen first party and Dice Frostbite engine games?

There's a great opportunity for EA/DICE to really show their best possible technology with their custom Frostbite engine.

Battlefield 3 and 4 are very visually stunning despite their flaws. Hoping its a serious fps like Battlefield with single player campaign even if you're Joe-shmoe droid, clone, imperial or rebel taking orders and carrying objectives like in Republic Commando along with the expected epic online multiplayer modes.

Iirc DICE was spending extra time customizing the current gen frostbite engine so definetly a welcome change from all the real world military shooters...hopefully there is pod racing and wombat shooting, hell even Star Wars Golf where Darth Sidious is shooting a hole in one into the Jedi academy.
The footage shown looks a gen ahead of BF4. If the game actually looks anywhere close to that I'll be impressed. But who knows, maybe ILM is giving them a hand.

The footage shown looks a gen ahead of BF4. If the game actually looks here close to that I'll be impressed. But who knows, maybe ILM is giving them a hand.

Battlefield 3 had it's tricks and flaws but it sure challenged the technology in Killzone 2 and 3, however the mo was really impressive on consoles.

Battlefield 4 was the transition to being on both last and current gens, however the technology still without question surpassed all that "Crysis/Warhead" bar.

The human faces, physics and other stuff still managed to impress.

You should try looking for some of the old Battlefield 4 tech demo even if they may have ran on a PC.

Also Battlefield 4 was a launch title type, even Killzone SF lost a lot of its features from 2 and 3.

What they showed on that presentation teaser was really basic stuff we have all seen before, even if it was way back in the PS2 Xbox 1 days.

I don't think we will see that forest on consoles at least, not like this.

The forest in Battlefront 2 looked pretty good for ancient tech, this time it's EA, DICE and their claims of optimized current gen frostbite engine...all of that stuff is teaser unless they showed a pre-alpha wip but I don't think it would make sense showing that now untill either later in the year cause that game is set for 2015 so it's way too early to tell.

But playing single player Killzone Shadow Falls and Battlefield 4 should give a hint as to whats coming.

I'm wagering this project is gonna be a current gen consoles/pc deal and there is no reason, unless they don't take it seriously that at least on a technology level it should deliver.

Back