New star wars trilogy in 2016 ?

Alternatively, wouldn't it just be nicer if George Lucas was hunted down like an animal, thus saving fans of the original trilogy from further suffering?

Quote from Big Bang Theory. Sheldon says "I'm sorry but I'm not going to watch the Clone Wars TV Series until I've seen the Clone Wars movie. I prefer to let George Lucas disappoint me in the order he intended."

He basically has three options:

1. Tell the Extended Universe to fuck off, and do whatever he wants.

2. Adapt part of the Extended Universe somehow.

3. Go either way back into the past, or far into the future of the Star Wars universe.

4. Darth Vader goes into the past to try to establish the Empire before everyone was born. Luke follows him and lands on a planet of cute and cuddly aliens that are easily marketed to children. Hilarity ensues.

5. Star Wars episode 4 reboot (like the latest Star Trek movie). Recast everyone. Redo everyone's personalities. Say fuck it to everything established. Make plot that makes no sense full of plot holes and middle fingers to established fans of the series. Profit.

Regards,
SB

Where once they were brave and daring, they're now grown old and stodgy, instead of pushing the envelope they play it safe and go with the perception of what the marketing department thinks the general public wants, slash, what will sell the most crap in the form of lunch boxes and happy meal toys.
You know, Grall, you could have actually used the / instead of spelling out the word :)

*Disclaimer* I'm not a big Star Wars fan. I like the OT a fair bit, but feel ANH is massively overrated, and that AOTC is underrated(It's still not a very good film, but it's not utter trash either. The action scenes "save" it). ESB is a quite decent film, it's been too many years since I've seen ROTJ to rate it, and ROTS is half shit half good, with each half being intertwined with the other half. I dislike the Extended Universe intensely, with the exception of The Force Unleashed(It's a simplistic game, true, but sometimes simplicity is fun).
Never got into the extended universe books or anything, but my favorite Star Wars game definitely has to be Knights of the Old Republic (the first, not the second....the second game starts fantastically, but falls apart about halfway through...that game needed another 6-9 months of development).

:p
not a big star wars fan
and then in the next sentence we have

OT, ANH, AOTC ,ESB, ROTJ , ROTS
all GREEK to me

Original Trilogy
A New Hope
Attack of the Clones
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith

I'm certainly not a huge fan (I've actually not even seen the 5th and 6th films in their entirety), but I know the names of the films. I had to think about OT for a minute.

:p
not a big star wars fan
and then in the next sentence we have

OT, ANH, AOTC ,ESB, ROTJ , ROTS
all GREEK to me

Some friends at a Transformers board I used to go to were big Star Wars fans, and back before I realized Star Wars is massively overrated, I was as well.

Never got into the extended universe books or anything, but my favorite Star Wars game definitely has to be Knights of the Old Republic (the first, not the second....the second game starts fantastically, but falls apart about halfway through...that game needed another 6-9 months of development).

That comment about the game needing 6-9 months more of development time seems to be a reoccurring theme with Obsidian's games. Pretty much every one of their games I've heard of has had that complaint commonly said.

How is it that a company can continuously make rushed games like this? Several in a row, making up their entire output. It can't be coincidence. I'm guessing their CEO makes promises he can't keep.

4. Darth Vader goes into the past to try to establish the Empire before everyone was born. Luke follows him and lands on a planet of cute and cuddly aliens that are easily marketed to children. Hilarity ensues.

5. Star Wars episode 4 reboot (like the latest Star Trek movie). Recast everyone. Redo everyone's personalities. Say fuck it to everything established. Make plot that makes no sense full of plot holes and middle fingers to established fans of the series. Profit.

Regards,
SB

I won't deny the possibility of 4, but 5 doesn't seem like Lucas' style. He seems to prefer tweaking the movies he's already made.

That said, I'd rather he remake them than tweak them...

That comment about the game needing 6-9 months more of development time seems to be a reoccurring theme with Obsidian's games. Pretty much every one of their games I've heard of has had that complaint commonly said.
Although I thought they did a really good job with NWN2.

How is it that a company can continuously make rushed games like this? Several in a row, making up their entire output. It can't be coincidence. I'm guessing their CEO makes promises he can't keep.
That or they just don't have the diplomacy/business skills to make actually reasonable deals with their publishers.

I'm certainly not a huge fan (I've actually not even seen the 5th and 6th films in their entirety), but I know the names of the films. I had to think about OT for a minute.
the only two I recognize are
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi

I never think of them as their declared titles
I find it easier to think of them 'stars wars pt1 -> pt6'
same with harry potter, I watched harry potter part5 last night.

Though I dont do this with james bond

IMO, there's really only one truly awesome piece of Star Wars fiction: Clone Wars. No, I don't mean the obscure PS2/GC game, or the GC movie and cartoon. I mean the series created between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. It's just completely own.

If George Lucas makes any more SW movies, I hope that he says the F word to the EU and does what he want with the new series

I don't want anything like the Emperor being cloned and that crap

The Thrawn books were pretty good though, but there were parts in them that I didn't like, and the whole time I read them, I thought of them being a spinoff more than a direct continuation

Back