They killed my childhood! Star Wars is utter tripe!

I downloaded the dvd:LOL:
I agree, it does suck compared to the first trilogy, but it's kinda to be expected, all in all it's better then clone wars and phantom menice, but doesn't have the feel os the first tril.

radeonic2 said:
I downloaded the dvd:LOL:
I agree, it does suck compared to the first trilogy, but it's kinda to be expected, all in all it's better then clone wars and phantom menice, but doesn't have the feel os the first tril.

I kind of skipped most of your post as I've not seen the movie yet either.
For somebody who loved the original trilogy I've lost interest to the point that I haven't been bothered to finish it, waiting only until the final piece finds me rather than the reverse of that :(

:rolleyes: at this thread and the thought that the movie was a jab about the Bush administration. You realize this movie was "made/thought out" during the Vietnam era, and about that war and not the Iraq war.

CMAN said:
:rolleyes: at this thread and the thought that the movie was a jab about the Bush administration. You realize this movie was "made/thought out" during the Vietnam era, and about that war and not the Iraq war.

surrrreee..... 30 years that passed had nothing to do with the movie, the script was done back then and kept secret for 30 years..... :rolleyes:

CMAN said:

Yeah, well, not that I care much about this theme, but:

Recent coverage of Cannes film festival said:
"Star Wars" director George Lucas says that although he wrote the original film during the Vietnam War, his six-part saga could apply to the war in Iraq.

"In terms of evil, one of the original concepts was how does a democracy turn itself into a dictatorship," Lucas told a news conference at Cannes, where his final episode had its world premiere.

"The parallels between what we did in Vietnam and what we're doing in Iraq now are unbelievable.

"On the personal level it was how does a good person turn into a bad person, and part of the observation of that is that most bad people think they are good people, they are doing it for the right reasons."

hmmm..... looks like i was wrong, but that doesnt change fact that he surely changed something in those 30 years.... i really doubt he made Jar Jar Binks during Vietnam war ;)

silence said:
hmmm..... looks like i was wrong, but that doesnt change fact that he surely changed something in those 30 years.... i really doubt he made Jar Jar Binks during Vietnam war ;)

I'm not saying he didn't change anything, but the large points of the plot were aleady thought out.

Why do you say Jar Jar didn't come from the Vietnam war? I heard he was Nixon.... :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
silence said:

OK, I really don't believe he had the plot worked out from the start, except for the idea that there was a republic which ended up as the Empire. Most of the details seem to have come much later.

And on the other hand, Lucas himself says that there are parallels between the Empire and their government.

Back